Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Jenn's Bridal Shower

So here I am, finally blogging about Jenn's bridal shower TWO months ago :/ I used to love blogging, and I go through phases, but since I've had Janie, sadly it hasn't been as fun for me, just something else to mark off the to-do list. BUT I do know I love looking back on trips I've taken. So this'll be a quick one.

I went up to Utah from August 13-17th to throw Jenn a bridal shower and *BONUS* I got to meet Baby Quinn! Old news, but I am finally an aunt!!  Richard picked me up Thursday morning and I got to he and Amy's place and immediately got to hold little Quinn and feed him a bottle Amy had pumped. Oh my goodness, it was so weird to be holding a sister's baby and not my own!! Precious babe!

This post will mostly be pictures of Quinn and some from the bridal shower. You've been warned!


Down in the living room. I was holding his blanket up to shield the light for him :)


Burrito baby!



I had the super early flight so I got in by 8:45. Amy later asked me if I had even had breakfast yet and I realized I hadn't! I was so enamored with Quinn that I had forgotten I hadn't had breakfast..haha.

I got to tag along with Amy and Richard to Quinn's 2-week appointment later. It was so interesting to hear from their doctor and the differences in his instruction and what not.


Once we got back I got to take a nap with Quinn and the rest of the day was easy going :)


This was later that evening after their dog Jackson kissed Quinn good night..haha. His little face :)


Friday, our cousin Bryn came over and we went to the pool. I got one picture - of Quinn of course!! He just slept in his stroller in the shade :)


I can't resist a precious sleeping baby.


We spent all of Friday evening purchasing food and preparing for the bridal shower the next day.

Saturday was the big day! We had the bridal shower in my mom's cousin's home. A huge thank you to the Hooker's for allowing us to use their beautiful home!

I was so busy playing hostess, getting to know/visiting with the guests, and making sure that everything was running smoothly that we realized towards the end that we hadn't really been taking pictures :/ Luckily Jill got some!

Before gifts, we played a game that our aunt and cousins, the Harrison's, put together. It is always a hit! It's a slideshow with clips of wedding scenes from 18 different movies and you have to guess which movie. Super easy and fun! 




It's weird to see this picture without Amber in it because now she's going to college in Utah and I'm the only one not in Utah!


We loved seeing some of our friends from freshman year of college! Love them!


So glad Jeannine made it with her cute little guy! We grew up with Jeannine :)


Some of Jenn's ward friends :)


We forgot to get a picture at the beginning so this was after people had dived in :) Jenn wanted brunch foods so we had bagels w/ cream cheese, mini muffins, fruit, and quiche. Yum!


The shower was a success and I know Jenn was so appreciative of all of those who came out to show their love :)

Another shot of sleeping Quinn (ha) after the shower.


That evening Jenn and I went out to try to find an outfit for Aiden for the wedding and later we met up with a few cousins and got to hang out and catch up. We also went out for shaved ice :)


Sunday I went to Church with Amy and Richard. We just stayed for Sacrament meeting.


Apparently Amber snap chatted this from Church. They're in the ward right after us and happened to see Trent out in the hall. I do not have Snapchat so Jill texted this to me. Love this handsome husband and daddy :) 


Jill came over that evening for enchiladas and Jenn, Michael, and Jackson came over after that. No pictures :/ Later we watched Bachelor in Paradise. Guilty pleasure. It was fun to watch it with Amy and Richard. Trent doesn't really watch with me b/c he's always entertaining the kids for me ;)

Aiden picked out some dinosaur pajamas for Quinn that I brought up with me :) Amy dressed him in them on Monday. They were still a little big and the feet were kind of just flopping around ;)


Before my flight we met up with my aunt Mimi and cousins Bryn and Tori for lunch at Zupa's.

I really enjoyed being up in Utah and being able to spend some time getting acquainted with Quinn and spending some time with my sisters without the kids. I forgot to mention that each night I got to take a shift with Quinn :) I usually took the first "shift" and fed Quinn a pumped bottle and got him back to sleep. Then when he woke I'd take him into Amy to nurse. Although I didn't feel like I helped much (Amy and Richard are naturals!), I was glad I could at least do that for them :)

Monday afternoon my mom and Aiden picked me up from the airport. My mom got this picture and I was totally hiding my face b/c I started to cry. I never realize how much I miss my kids until I get to see them again!! I cried again when I saw Janie back at my parents' and again when Trent got home from work..haha.

1 comment:

  1. haha i never noticed how stinkin skinny Quinn's legs were haha they are little chicken legs! love my stinker

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)