We made it to Tiersha's parents' home around 10:30 or so, chit chatted for a few hours, and headed to bed.
We had so much fun on our final little trip of the summer! A big thanks to Tiersha and Josh for inviting us to come stay with them :)
Some of you may remember hearing about this guy in the news back in May 2003 after his right forearm became trapped by a boulder while he was hiking. After a few days of being trapped, he ran out of food and water and had to start drinking his own urine. On the 6th day he knew he would die there if he didn't get out so he resorted to amputating his own arm with his pocket knife.
We spent most of the day in Scottsdale and did some shopping. Then we got cupcakes at Sprinkles. It was me and Trent's first time and we were not disappointed :) We tried the Red Velvet cupcake as well as the Black and White. You can check them out at the Sprinkles website.
This is just a short video from our walk. Sorry, it's not great quality.
Then we went back to our place for some games. Jenga first.
Jill about to topple the whole thing over!
We loved having Josh and Tiersha here and would be thrilled if they moved down here (no pressure guys!). All of my sisters, except Amber, will be heading back to college in the next few weeks and we'll definitely miss them and everyone in Provo. We would love to have more visitors! Come stay with us!
My mom brought a puzzle for us to work on during our downtime :)
Trent on his horse, Crockett, and me on Blitz!
This was just a lunch break during a ride.
After my last ride with Blitz.
I was really unsure going into this reunion how it would be (just with the horses and outdoorsy stuff), but I can honestly say it was a great experience :) I definitely miss it! And of course, it was wonderful, as always, to be with so much family. I love them to death!
My good friend Emily tagged me and I'm finally getting around to answering the questions!
1. What is the color of your toothbrush? Pink & White
2. Name one person who made you smile today. Trent, of course
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Waking up
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Reading friends' blogs (I've done other things since then, promise!)
5. What is your favorite candy bar? Probably the basic Dove milk chocolate bar
6. Have you ever been to a strip club? Nope
7. What is the last thing you said aloud? "Okay"
8. What is your favorite ice cream? Probably Rocky Road
9. What was the last thing you had to drink? Water
10. Do you like your wallet? Yes, it's a Vera Bradley Zip ID case
11. What was the last thing you ate? A cheesecake brownie - I made them yesterday!
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? I bought my cowboy boots from the dude ranch! They were used, but they were only 20 bucks! What a steal!
13. The last sporting event you watched? The Suns vs. Lakers game..I don't watch too many sporting events!
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Just buttery
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to? Jen
16. Ever go camping? Yes
17. Do you take vitamins daily? I try to
18. Do you go to church every Sunday? Yes! We just got called as Primary teachers!
19. Do you have a tan? I'm definitely starting to get one now that I live in Arizona!
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? Ooh..it definitely depends on my mood, but I'd say they're pretty even.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw? Not usually, but I don't drink much soda.
22. What did your last text message say? “Trent is lying on the couch. He's too tired to do P90X tonight.”
23. What are you doing tomorrow? Working and maybe going to the pool with my sisters. Oh and watching "So You Think You Can Dance"!
Where's number 24?!
25. Look to your left, what do you see? The t.v. and speakers
26. What color is your watch? I haven't worn a watch for years b/c they all need new batteries :/
27. What do you think of when you hear Australia? Hot! and the accents!
Where's number 28?!
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? We rarely get fast food, but when we do I usually like to just go through the drive thru
30. What is your favorite number? 12
31. Who's the last person you talked to on the phone? Jen
32. Any plans today? Well it's almost 6:30 so we'll have dinner and then I'll watch "So You Think You Can Dance" from last week. I missed it while we were at the dude ranch.
33. How many states have you lived in? 3 - Virginia, Utah, and now Arizona
34. Biggest annoyance right now? The heat I guess
35. Last song listened to? An EFY song :)
36. can you say the alphabet backwards? I used to be able to! I bet I still could!
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? Nope. Trent keeps the house cleaner than me though..haha
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Flip flops for sure, I'm in Arizona after all!
39. Are you jealous of anyone? I don't think so.
40. Is anyone jealous of you? Maybe?
41. Do you love anyone? Oh yes!
42. Do any of your friends have children? Yes, a few
43. What do you usually do during the day? Work and enjoy time with Trent
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? No!
45. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Yes
46. What color is your car? We have a purple Pontiac Bonneville..haha
Where's number 47?!
48. Are you thinking about someone right now? Trent b/c of his car! I sometimes make fun of it but it really is a great car!
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Oh many times! I have some great memories from Six Flags!
50. How did you get your worst scar? I had my appendix taken out in first grade, but it was healthy! I don't think that's my worst scar though. Probably the scar behind my elbow from when I had my baby sister (well she was then!) riding on my bike's handlebars. She had her little fingers in the way of my brakes so I couldn't brake and we crashed :/
I won't tag anyone, but feel free to take it if you want to :)
And I'm hoping to put up pictures from the dude ranch soon!