Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our Final Summer Trip

We got to go on a final, kind of spur-of-the-moment, trip this last weekend. All during the spring Trent and I talked about going to California, but once we moved down here we decided against it b/c we didn't want to spend money on a hotel. Well, it turned out that my cousin and his wife, Tiersha, who were here a few weeks ago, invited us to come stay with them while they were there. Tiersha is from California and they were headed there to babysit her little twin siblings for several days. We were so psyched for the invitation b/c now we could make our trip to California without paying for a hotel :)

We had a great time! We headed there Wednesday afternoon after I got off of work. I was not feeling good so Trent drove the whole 6 hours. He's so good to me!




The sunset on the way there!

We made it to Tiersha's parents' home around 10:30 or so, chit chatted for a few hours, and headed to bed.

Thursday Josh had appointments to meet with 2 different accounting firms so we headed to the Irvine Spectrum, which is basically just an outdoor mall, with Tiersha and the babies. We had some lunch and then Trent and I headed to The Great Park Balloon. It is a tethered helium balloon and they give rides for free! It wasn't all that exciting and it was only up for maybe 5-10 minutes so I was glad it was free. But it was still fun!

Here are some facts about it:


I think this is a cool picture, if only the light pole weren't in it!



Trent, on our way up!


Trent's artsy picture :)




The next day, Friday, we did a whole bunch! Josh had another appointment during the afternoon so Trent and I headed to Laguna Beach on our own. It was pretty foggy and chilly down by the beach so we just strolled along looking in all of the cute shops and art galleries/stores.

You can tell how foggy it was!



My artsy picture :)

We headed back to Tiersha's parents' and had some lunch, and soon Josh was home. Then we all headed to Balboa Island. This was a highlight of our trip :) We definitely plan to go back there next time we're in California (I'm sure we'll be back to California often now that we're so close!) There were such cute houses everywhere. I just loved them!

I took this picture from the ferry.


On the pier!


Tiersha and Josh with the twins, William and Lillee :)


After a bit, Tiersha and Josh headed back home with the twinsies and Trent and I headed to Corona del Mar to check out the tide pools. The tide pools were at Little Corona so we had to walk a little bit to find them, but not far.

I love this picture with the flowers.


The houses here were all beautiful and HUGE! I took a few pictures of them (I hope it's not illegal or anything..haha)
One home had dolphin bushes in front!
What can I say?! Fancy!
This home had a water slide attached..haha


We found the tide pools and I was psyched! This is actually something that I had on my bucket list. Such an easy one to check off :) I was pretty excited!

In this picture all of those little shells are hermit crabs scurrying around! We saw a lot of them!
Pretty purple coral


Sea urchins maybe?


I have a lot more pictures from the tide pools, but I'll refrain! We headed back to the house for dinner and later went out to Golden Spoon for frozen yogurt. It was our first time and it was so good! We'll definitely go again (we have one here in AZ so that's convenient!)

Saturday morning we packed up and headed to a swap meet before the drive home (a swap meet is basically a flea market). We had fun looking, but didn't buy anything. I had specific earrings that I was looking for :) Afterward we got on the road.


We had so much fun on our final little trip of the summer! A big thanks to Tiersha and Josh for inviting us to come stay with them :)

3 comments:

  1. FUN! I saw that there's a Golden Spoon in Orem, near Harmon's so we'll definitely have to hit it up. I hear it's super good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a blast. Did you know I grew up in Laguna? The pictures make me want to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys could make it. If we move there, you can come all the time...and we won't have little ones yet!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)