Monday, August 9, 2010

Mancos Dude Ranch Family Reunion

About a week ago we got back from a family reunion at Mancos Dude Ranch in Colorado with my mom's side of the family. It was too fun! In the very beginning we each got assigned a horse for the week. My horse was Blitz and he was so good to me! There were about 2 optional rides per day as well as many other activities throughout the week. We did some archery, team penning, one day we went river rafting down the Animas River, we had a Bingo night, went to Mesa Verde one day where we got to see a bunch of old cliff dwellings of the Pueblo people, and had a karaoke night. Unfortunately I didn't get too many pictures, but here's what I did get!

Meg, Jill, myself, and Jen looking cute in front of me, my parents, and Trent's cabin.

Sisters (except Amber) on our horses.
One of the gorgeous views during a ride. I wish I had gotten more pictures from the rides!

My mom brought a puzzle for us to work on during our downtime :)

Trent on his horse, Crockett, and me on Blitz!

This was during team penning where we were assigned 2 bulls to try and get into the holding pen as fast as possible. You can't tell, but I'd say there were at least 15 bulls we had to work with.

Mom really doesn't like this picture of herself, but I wanted to point out the pen in the background. I am there making sure the bull stayed in there.

This was just a lunch break during a ride.

My love and I :)

After my last ride with Blitz.

I was really unsure going into this reunion how it would be (just with the horses and outdoorsy stuff), but I can honestly say it was a great experience :) I definitely miss it! And of course, it was wonderful, as always, to be with so much family. I love them to death!

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome family reunion trip! Your own horse for a week?! Sounds awesome! Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You and Trent look so dang cute on your horses!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)