Aiden has been laughing up a storm lately! We just love it! I have 3 videos. Please ignore how dorky I sound in these. It's the baby talk plus laughter :) When Aiden laughs, we laugh too! He is just too cute.
Many of you saw this first one on Facebook. We got him a new Bumbo on Friday and there's something so funny to him about being able to sit up like we do :)
Last night everything was funny to him! I randomly put him upside down and he was just cracking up. You don't get the full effect in this video because this was like the 3rd time we did it..haha. You can really hear it at 48 seconds :) Please ignore how funny I look. I had changed into my pajama pants to watch "The Biggest Loser", but didn't change my top. A funny combination. And it's a bit messy in the room.
Sorry you can't see his face at all. He's smiling his big, gummy smile the whole time :)
This was also last night after I changed Aiden into his pajamas. Trent was outside doing P90X and I was in with Aiden getting ready for bed. I was taking off my makeup and washing my face and I kept peeking out at Aiden. For some reason he thought it was just so funny! Do you love my fake laughter to keep him laughing? Oh and it gets cut off at the end. I was just saying, "You are laughing up a storm." Since Aiden was born, I never seem to have enough memory on my card ;) We'll eventually get a video camera.
Um yeah, we have no idea what that noise is at 3 seconds..ha. We didn't notice it until I uploaded it. At first I thought Aiden had farted, but we don't think it really sounds like a fart..haha. Trent thinks it almost sounds like the volume key on a Mac. Bet you didn't even notice until I pointed it out ;)
Monday, February 27, 2012
I mentioned in my last post that I've started watching a 3-year-old boy once or twice a week. Last weekend (President's Day weekend) his parents went on a quick trip to Tombstone (near Tucson) and Jackson spent all day Friday, slept over, and then all day Saturday with us. He was going a bit stir crazy in our little apartment so we tried to go outside often. Saturday we all went on a walk and brought bread with us for when we came across ducks. We knew we'd find some because there are like 4 man-made lakes surrounding our complex. Well we found some ducks, but they wouldn't have anything to do with us, so we settled on geese :)
Jackson mostly just chased the geese around..haha
Aiden was completely oblivious to the geese.
He was content in his stroller. He loves being outside.
You can see the ducks far out in the water. They sure missed out!
A cute shot :)
Aiden fell asleep during the walk home. We thought it was funny that he was clutching onto his car seat.
Having Jackson with us helped us to picture life with 2 kids. Oh my! Not anytime soon!
Friday, February 17, 2012
Aiden is 3 months today! Can you even believe it?! He doesn't have an appointment with the pediatrician this month, but he will at 4 months. I am anxious to find out what his stats are then!
Here is what Aiden has been up to lately:
Here is what Aiden has been up to lately:
- The most exciting thing Aiden is doing now is sleeping through the night!! It's been a few weeks now and we are so happy about it :)
Baby fell asleep on our bed.
- We were Skyping with Jen last Sunday and I was taking off Aiden's little sweater and he just started laughing! That's when we discovered that he's ticklish under his arms :) Then last night I discovered that his inner thighs and back are ticklish also..haha. It's so adorable! Just like anyone who is ticklish (like me), he seems to try to keep us from tickling him by holding his arms (or whichever body part) down tight. So cute!
- Aiden has discovered the t.v. I've started babysitting a 3-year-old boy at his house once or twice a week, and we watch "Monsters, Inc" every time we go. The other day Aiden was totally engrossed in it and was babbling like crazy :)
- He is really starting to notice things and grab them. He has a new elephant toy that hangs from his car seat and he was batting at it for the first time this last Sunday.
- He loves to grab onto my thumbs when he's laying down and pull himself up with his little abs (somewhere under his cute, chubby, little tummy :) ) to sitting or, preferably, standing.
- I mentioned in his 1-month post that he was losing his hair in the front. Now he's just losing it all over. It's getting pretty thin. We're wondering if it's going to grow back lighter. Trent also had dark hair when he was born and by the time he was a year old he was a complete towhead. We're kind of hoping Aiden's will stay dark, but we'll see!
- Lately Aiden likes to pull blankets right up to his mouth and seems to nuzzle them. Such a cute boy!
- I mentioned in his 2-month post that he is fascinated by the vacuum. The same goes for my blow dryer. I usually sit on the ground in our bedroom in front of our big mirror, and Aiden watches intently and wonders what the heck Mommy is doing :)
- He is still blowing bubbles and has started to drool big time..haha.
- Daddy is one of his favorite people because he just plays and plays with him.
That's what Aiden's been up to in the last few weeks. I just wanted to add these last pictures for the heck of it. I think they're super cute :)
I tried Aiden's little shoes on him. Gah, he's so cute!
Aiden fell asleep sitting in Daddy's lap. Precious.
Can you tell I think he's the cutest thing on the face of the planet?! He is such a joy in our lives.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
My latest nickname for Aiden is "Lovebug." How appropriate that was, yesterday, on Valentine's Day :)
Aiden being all thug with Daddy.
We had a nice, easygoing Valentine's Day. Trent and I both worked (I've started watching a 3-year-old boy once or twice a week) and we exchanged gifts when we got home. Then we dropped off Aiden at my parents' (always a thrill for them!) and headed to Olive Garden with a gift card from my parents for V-Day (thanks so much M&D!). We got there around 3:45 and still had to wait like 40 minutes. Dang snowbirds ;) The whole meal was delicious, but my favorite part was the Raspberry Cream Italian soda. So delish! Then we hit up Target for a little shopping. Gotta love Target!
Hope you all had a wonderful day, significant other or not!
Monday, February 6, 2012
Before Aiden was even born, we wondered what color his eyes would be.
Mine are hazel green.
Trent's are light blue/grey.
As of right now, Aiden's are a deep blue with a speck of brown in his left eye.
In this picture they look more like they're light blue.
This one was enhanced in iPhoto and I actually think it's more accurate color wise. And you can really see the brown speck in his left eye. Love it!
We are so curious as to whether his eyes will continue to change, and ultimately what color they'll end up being.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
3 days old
74 days old
I wish I had gotten the 2nd picture at the same distance away as the first, but he's pretty much laying in the exact spot in the crib. And of course you can tell by his nightgown/sleeper (what do you call it for a boy?). Amazing how quickly they grow, isn't it?!