Monday, January 30, 2012

2 months

Aiden is 2 months now!  Actually more like 2 1/2 (he'll be 11 weeks on Thursday), but I wanted to wait until we went to his 2-month appointment before I wrote this post so I could put his stats up.

At 2 months Aiden:

  • weighs 13 pounds (75th percentile) and is 23 1/4 inches long (50th percentile).  He got his shots at his appointment and I was dreading it, but he did so incredibly well.  I thought he'd be screaming, but he hardly cried at all.  I was a proud mommy :)
  • laughed for the first time last Sunday (the 22nd) after Church.  Before that I'd only catch him laughing in his sleep.  Last Sunday though, we were standing in front of the mirror while I was combing his hair.  He had a dry spot on his scalp that I was combing over (trying to get some flakes out of his hair) and he just started laughing!  I don't know if it was tickling him or if he was just laughing at himself in the mirror :)  It was hilarious and SO cute!  I've tried to get him to laugh since, but haven't been able to get nearly as good a laugh as that first one.
  • is "talking" up a storm and I LOVE it!
  • has started to blow bubbles.
  • is fascinated by the vacuum.  When he hears it he searches for where the loud noise is coming from.
Dad was vacuuming.

  • likes to "stand" on his feet.  If there's something to push on with his feet, he's pushing it :)
  • loves his new swing at Grandma's.
  • still loves the BabyBjorn, but now faces out.
making cookies with Dad


On a walk to mail off some letters.  It's hard to tell, but Aiden's actually holding one in his right hand!

  • sqeals when we go to burp him halfway through his feeding.  Well he doesn't do this as much anymore, but there was a week where he'd squeal just about every time, until we got a burp out of him.  It was pretty funny.
  • has started to suck on his hand/fist.  I like to say he's "munching on his hand" :)
  • loves to be in front of the mirror and stare at himself and us.  I think he's starting to understand that it's all of us in the mirror, maybe?
  • doesn't like tummy time too much anymore

and would much prefer to be on his back so he can see everything.


  • is still being smothered with kisses pretty much nonstop by mommy.  I call them "mommy attacks"! Lots of times when we kiss his cheeks, he'll turn his face and give us big, wet, open-mouth kisses back :)

Can't believe it's February on Wednesday.  I'll be writing his 3 month post before we know it.  GAH!

6 comments:

  1. He's so cute! It brings back so many memories of my first little guy! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss him so much : ( I want to hear him laugh and make bubbles!! l make just make a trip down this coming month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your photos.....very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your baby! I wish we could have seen you guys when we were out in Arizona over the holidays. I hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess how fun it is you're a mom!! I love how you listed everything he does...and him holding the mail!! I miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)