Monday, November 9, 2015

Quinn's Baby Blessing

I was so happy I got to go up to Utah a few weeks ago for Quinn's baby blessing. Tanis and Kent had already planned a little trip to Sedona, but when I found out Amy and Richard had set the date for the baby blessing (they specifically set it up for that weekend b/c Richard's parents were able to drive in from their mission to attend) I had to change my plans. I am the only one of my sisters that's not in Utah, so I wasn't going to miss it! I will take any opportunity to go up! Trent was kind of laughing that we were going on separate trips. The girls with my family in Utah and the boys with his parents in Sedona. 

Anyway, Janie and I flew to Utah with my mom Thursday the 22nd. It was the early flight (took off at like 6:30 in the morning) so we got in by about 8:45 and stopped for breakfast at NuSkin on our way through Provo. We got to Amy and Richard's a little later and settled in. Janie was pretty pleased with their new ball pit :)


Jackson wanted in on the fun ;)



Janie thought she'd lay down since Quinn was laying down.


Then she planted one on him ;)


Then we all headed over to see Jenn at work. She teaches 3rd-5th graders at a charter school. It was definitely interesting to see the differences there as opposed to a public school.


Sorry Jenn, you blinked, and were talking in the other one :/


We got home and Janie zonked. It's been so nice to stay with Amy and Richard the last two times b/c they let Janie have the crib. Quinn's still been small enough to sleep in his little bassinet!


That evening the girls all came over and we had dinner before getting dressed up and heading to the Draper temple for initiatories.


I had forgotten my temple recommend (so unlike me), so it took a minute to have them call my bishop. Loved being in the temple with my mom and sisters :) We had to drop by the grocery store for some groceries afterward.


Thanks to Amber and Lincoln (boyfriend) for staying back with the babies. So funny that Janie fell asleep in Lincoln's lap :)


Baths for Janie and Quinn.


Friday, the 23rd.

Every morning Janie has to get reaquainted with Jackson. She's always scared at first, but by the evening she's just fine.


She had one tear going down her cheek..haha.


Happy Quinn :)


We kind of waited around all morning as my mom got things ready for Amber's birthday the next day. Later we headed to Nordstrom to get Quinn's blessing outfit and do a little shopping.


This picture (below) is not edited. Those really are Quinn's shocking blue eyes!!


That evening we went down to Provo to pick up my dad from the airport and then headed to the Riverwoods Pumpkin festival. I was loving the fall air! Maybe a little cold, but so refreshing! And luckily they have all of their fire pits around :)


Jenn and Michael had brought along a blanket from the car.




There were different backdrops set up with painted pumpkins to go with them. It was tricky to get good pictures, but here's Cinderella.


We knew Aiden would like this one :)


We did a little Christmas shopping while there :)


We were so bummed we didn't have Trent and Aiden in this picture!


Saturday Amy and Richard were up early for a nephew's baptism. The air mattress I was on had completely deflated (ha), so once they left my mom had me get in their bed to sleep a little longer (don't know if you knew Amy..ha). A little later Janie woke up so my mom brought her to me, but she wandered off soon after. I thought she'd just go off and find my mom, but after a bit I thought I'd better go check. Turns out she had gotten into my mom's Nivea. Whoops!


That afternoon we headed to Jenn and Michael's. They showed us all of the changes they're going to make to their town home. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Janie helping my mom make cupcakes.


We went down to a little stream where they take Jackson to feed the ducks.


Selfie with Jane. Micheal threw in some lovely bunny ears ;)




We plopped Janie on Jackson's bike..ha.



Then stopped at the little park.



It kills me that she holds so high up on the swing..haha.






Back at Amy and Richard's. I don't even remember taking this shot.


That evening we all got together for taco soup and took it easy. We had our parents play Maffia with us which was kind of hilarious..haha.

Sunday was the big day. Richard gave Quinn such a nice baby blessing.


Afterward we headed back to their place for pictures and lunch.

Only missing Trent and Aiden.


Sisters :)


We had to get Baby Quinn in there.


And Mom!


I knew Quinn was ready to start rolling from his tummy to his back that weekend so we practiced lots ;) Janie always joined in..ha. 


That evening we had a joint birthday party for 4 of us 5 girls. Amber's was the 24th, Jill's the 29th, and  me and Jenn's is the 10th. That's right, Jill, Jenn, and I are all 27, until the 10th! Amy's birthday is pretty close afterward on January 6th.



And that's a wrap! We flew out Monday morning, the 26th. It was a great weekend! Thank you again to Amy and Richard for letting us stay. Cannot wait to see everyone again at CHRISTMAS!!

1 comment:

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)