Friday, May 13, 2016

Janie's 2!

Our Janie girl turned 2 on the 28th. Can't believe it's already been 2 weeks :/ That morning we dropped off Aiden at preschool and came home to try to get a picture of Janie in her cute birthday dress.

Birthday girl still in her jammies for the drop-off.


Out of like 45 pictures, I only really got one that I liked..haha. At least I got this one!



Here's how most of them turned out! Every time I'd try to back away from her she'd run towards me..haha.





She thought she was real funny!



We celebrated Janie's birthday over the course of two days - Thursday and Saturday. We kept things low-key this year (as the years go by I'm doing that more), so we just had our families come over that evening for cake and presents.

I don't think Janie was really understanding that the day was all about her. She may have caught on when she realized all of the presents were for her!



Janie has been more interested when I put on my makeup lately so I got her some pretend makeup.



We kind of did a butterfly theme this year (more on that further on).



Aiden was showing Janie how it's done ;)




Janie got a little purse with a cell phone and I guess she needed to make a call ;)



This is a terrible picture b/c Janie's out of focus, but she loved that Grandma was helping her put on her makeup.



A little more powder ;)




This is from the next morning, but I couldn't resist putting up this picture. Her sass makes me laugh! And that t-shirt is from her birthday ;) She's a big fan of Frozen!


Saturday (the 30th) we met up with our families at Butterfly Wonderland.

Before you go in, they have you watch a 3D movie. We were cracking up over the kids in their glasses :)



So many pretty butterflies!





Oh, these two :)


It was really hard to get a picture of the blue butterflies because they flutter around so much, so I love that I happened to get one in the background of this picture!


A butterfly landed on Mom. Everyone gets really excited if one lands on you..haha.









There was a little section where you could watch bees making honey.






They're in the process of putting a huge aquarium in right by Butterfly Wonderland, but for now they just have a little aquarium and a stingray touching pool before you head out.


Happy birthday Janie Lynn!! We love you to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)