Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Birdies!

So we've been here, Mesa, Arizona, for two weeks now! I promise I'll post pictures of our new place soon (which we love by the way!), but first I wanted to post this!

Before we moved down here there was a bird's nest in the tree in our front yard, which happened to be right below our bedroom balcony.

One afternoon Amy and Andrew were over and I decided it was time to peek in (I don't know why I hadn't earlier) and this is what we found!! So pretty, huh?!

A week later I had my sisters come down from Idaho and I invited my cousins in Provo over for a final get together/sleepover. I was excited to show them the nest, and when we peeked in we found that three of the eggs had hatched!

Trent was worried the fourth egg was dead, but the next day I found it had hatched. This is kind of a dark picture, but you can see all four of them in the nest, all snug as a bug :)

As you can see, at this point they didn't really have feathers yet and their eyes are pretty bulgy.

I would check on them everyday! I think this little birdie was hungry!

In these last two pictures you can really see their feathers coming in! Are they not adorable??

I miss them! I hope they're doing okay and behaving themselves and learning how to fly :)

1 comment:

  1. How funny that you guys had the same thing happen! Bennett was so excited about it, too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)