Thursday, March 15, 2012

Aiden Went to His First Birthday Party

This last Saturday we went with Aiden to his first birthday party.  It was for Naomi (Cody and Kristell's daughter - I wrote about them here) who turned a year old!  The party was at Cody's parents' home and it was so fun to be able to catch up with all of the Wray's :)  We had a great time.  I only got two pictures, but that's better than usual when we're with Cody and Kristell.

It's crazy that we all have kids!  Aiden was the youngest. Notice how none of the babies are looking at the camera..ha.

From l to r: Kristell and Naomi, Kristel (Kristell's sister-in-law, crazy that they have the same name, huh?!) and Cosette, me and Aiden, Kelly and Brielle, and Kaitie (another sister-in-law of Kristell) and Ryker.  We were wondering if Kaitie was even going to be at the party because she was having contractions.  She has since had her beautiful baby girl!

We got a picture with Naomi, Kristell, and Cody before we headed out.  Aiden had totally zonked!

Not a great picture because of the shadows on our faces.


Later in the afternoon we got down on the floor with Aiden for some tummy time.


He promptly rolled onto his back :)  Such a happy boy!


Then we went on a walk that ended up being more eventful then we thought it would be.

We were walking along and saw this mommy goose sitting on her nest.


Further ahead we saw this goose just standing around.


Well he wasn't  just standing around.  It turns out he was actually guarding the mommy goose and as we approached him he came running at us hissing.  I seriously thought he was going to bite me so I stopped pushing Aiden and ran..haha.  I was laughing so hard!  The goose was seriously standing right by Aiden and his stroller and Trent and I didn't know what to do..haha.  After a minute or two Trent got up the courage to grab the stroller and we got away from that goose as quickly as we could..haha.  It was hilarious! And Aiden slept through the whole thing :)  We should have known because Brinly and Kyle (friends in our complex and in the ward) warned us about this goose last year. Their living room window looks out on this "lake" and they watch and laugh at anyone who walks by and gets attacked by this goose..haha.

All in all it was a good Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Bahaha, I love your goose story! I had a similar thing happen when I was a little girl walking my dog! The goose that attacked us actually bit my dog! They are kind of vicious, little birds! Also, Aiden is such a cutie pie! I love his big smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he went to a baby birthday party! SO CUTE! And the goose story is hilarious! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)