Thursday, May 24, 2012

Park City Fun!

So as I mentioned in my last post, we made a trip up to Park City and it was Aiden's very first trip.  What I didn't mention was that Trent's parents graciously offered us their timeshare for our anniversary (there was some deal going on) so we had a pretty amazing room and we seriously had the best time!  Thank you Tanis and Kent! 

Warning: this is going to be a long post, as are all of my trip posts. Luckily there are a lot of pictures :)

We started our trip by driving through the night Monday (the 14th). Although we were pretty exhausted when we made it Tuesday morning, we were happy with our decision because Aiden slept the whole way. We got into our room and had a little something to eat.  I was working on getting the Pack 'n' Play set up and Trent was watching some t.v. with Aiden on the couch.  I had given Aiden our bag of pretzel rods because he liked the crinkly noise.  A few minutes later I noticed Aiden had gotten a pretzel out and was sucking on it.  I pointed it out to Trent and he says, "Actually he got ALL of the pretzels." He had poured the entire bag of pretzels all over the couch and was just munching away on one..haha.  Whoops!

Loving the salty pretzel :)



We napped while Aiden napped and then showered and got ready before heading to Provo that evening.  We wanted to surprise all of the cousins at dinner so we only told my sisters that we were coming to Utah as well as Josh and Tiersha.  Josh and Tiersha can't make it to the family reunion later this summer so we wanted make sure we'd definitely get to see them.

We went to Zupa's for dinner and totally surprised Bryn, Jordan, Dane, Megan, and later, Melissa.  It was so great! Success..haha.  We stopped by Surf 'n' Slurp and then all headed back to Josh and Tiersha's to catch up.  Aiden did amazingly well meeting so many new people :)

A few candids.  Aiden always catches me with the camera..ha.


Meeting Melissa once she got done with her test.


Our timered group shot :)


Wednesday, the 16th, (our 4 year anniversary actually) we headed to City Creek and met Tiersha and Josh there for lunch at Kneader's.  We had been hearing so many good things about City Creek, a beautiful new outdoor shopping center with a retractable glass roof.  It was way fun to check it out.  Josh and Tiersha had to make it to an appt. so we parted ways and did a little shopping.

I love that you can see the Salt Lake temple from it.



Jen lives right in Salt Lake so we checked out her place and then headed back to Park City for an anniversary dinner. 

We were walking up Main Street and there were some people kind of walking right on our heels so we stepped to the side. Then I realized it was Elizabeth Smart and her new husband!!  I was so dang excited! Trent didn't think it was them, but I knew it was.  I actually noticed her husband first and recognized him from their wedding story in "People" magazine.  We ended up following them all the way up Main Street and Elizabeth looked so dang happy.  I am SO happy for her.  I followed her story religiously back in high school because I felt a bit of a connection since she's my age.

We thought we better not eat at the same place as them (even though we heard great things about the restaurant they stopped at) so we headed back down Main Street.  We had a terrible time deciding what we wanted. In fact, we chose one place and got seated and everything, but we just weren't feeling it so we ended up leaving.  That was a little embarrassing!

We finally decided on Main Street Pizza & Noodle, recommended by Josh and Tiersha :)

Aiden really wanted some of my drink.  Every time I'd bring it to my mouth he'd grab on.  He has quite the grip!



We grabbed some dessert at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - Trent got peanut butter fudge and I got a caramel apple w/ walnuts.  Then we were back to our room where we fed and bathed Aiden.  I was lotioning him up afterwards (I always do) and somehow a big dollop squirted out and landed right on my head..haha.


Thursday we spent the day in Provo.  We actually didn't make it there until like 2 in the afternoon.  Having a baby really slows you down!  We visited BYU campus and the bookstore.  Trent got a baseball cap and I got a t-shirt.  We never purchased any BYU paraphernalia while we were going there, but now that we're alumni we always like to get something..ha.

Then we made a quick stop at the JSB to visit the Church History office where I worked.  Seriously the best job ever.  It was so fun to see Linda and introduce her to Aiden, even if it was only for a few minutes.

Aiden's cheeks are all rosy because they got a bit sunburned while we were at City Creek.  We felt bad!


Next we were off to meet Jessie for dinner at Bombay House. The last time I saw Jess she was serving her mission in San Diego (here) and I was 7 months pregnant with Aiden.  It was so fun to catch up, and we made a crazy connection about some of her family friends that Trent got to know during his mission in Holland!

Jessie makes sock puppets and I love it!  I love all of the details :)


I really thought Aiden would like them, but he was very distracted by the cars..haha


We kind of got his attention here, but he didn't even crack a smile.  I think he just thought we were weird..ha.



Thanks for meeting up with us Jessie!


And lastly we went to visit Josh and Tiersha again.  We are really bummed they can't make it on the cruise this summer, but we're totally psyched that it's because they have a sweet baby girl due to arrive in September!  So excited for them!!

Just picture them with a baby girl :)  Only a few months to go!



Friday we actually stayed in Park City!  Woohoo!  We started our morning watching "We Bought a Zoo" in our pajamas (we brought it with us from Netflix).  

Love this picture of us living our day-to-day lives :)


Lately Aiden loves to be put in boxes with his toys.  I think he likes that his toys stay nice and close, because when he's on the floor he always pushes them just out of reach.  I put him in a few times during our trip while I was trying to get ready. I actually emailed this picture to Amy (on her mission) because I think Aiden looks a lot like her here.  It's all in the eyes!  Shout out to Aunt Amy :)  We love you!


Later in the afternoon my sisters and several of the cousins met us up at the outlets.  It was a successful shopping trip for us!  I've missed shopping (we've just really had to limit ourselves while Trent's been subbing)!  

And later we all went to dinner together at Wasatch Brew Pub (no beer for us, obviously ;) ).  This is actually where Elizabeth Smart and her husband ate the other day!  Trent and I shared some delicious ribs.  It was a fun atmosphere with great company ;)


We grabbed some more fudge and invited everyone back to our room to visit.  Aiden was totally the center of attention this entire trip..haha.  We showed everyone how he eats and then I bathed him.

Had to get this picture once I got him in his jammies since we were matching.  Hate that it's blurry :(


And I love this picture with the girls!  Melissa had to leave early and I wish all of the girlies could have been there!


It was such a fun night and I was sad to see them go.

Saturday we got packed up.  Aiden helped us out some ;)


Before we checked out we had to walk by the "shoe trees" that we could see from our window the whole time.

Yes those are all shoes hanging from the trees!





Looking up Main Street in Park City.


And then we were headed home.  We stopped in Provo for some dinner and then frozen yogurt with Jill and her roommate Chelsea.  We dropped by their place to get Aiden in his jammies and feed him before driving through the night again.  Ugh, such a long drive.  By the end it took everything I had to keep my eyes open.  A little scary!  But we made it safe and sound :)

I cannot explain enough just how well Aiden did!  We were so amazingly impressed!  He is so content and seriously just the perfect baby.  I was so glad to get him out of the dang carseat (he spent A LOT of time in there during our trip) and get him in his own crib (he LOVES his crib!)!

It was SUCH a great trip and we are so glad we decided to be a bit spontaneous and do it!


P.S. So sorry to so many of you that we didn't get to see.  We'll definitely try for next time!  Or you could come visit us in AZ..hint hint ;)


Just 2 final pictures of Aiden helping me unpack back at home ;)  Love this little guy so much!


6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love! Great post! Such a fun weekend! I wish you guys still lived here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a great post I loved reading all about your trip! I can't wait to see City Creek. Aiden is incredibly photogenic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WANT YOUR BABY! BRING HIM TO VIRGINIA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How FUN!! This post really makes me miss living up there! Next time Eric and I go to AZ we are calling you guys FIRST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might steal that photo of Josh, me, and Aiden. It was so fun to have you all up here and I will be stopping by your place next time I'm in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for spontinaity! Lucky you, we miss UT but don't have family there so probably won't be back anytime soon. So sad!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)