Monday, October 15, 2012

Floating Ghost

This'll be short because I have a lot on my mind, but I finally got around to making my Halloween craft!  I made my own floating ghost :)  It didn't turn out exactly how I was hoping, but I thought you all may want to see anyway (if you haven't already seen this project floating around blogland and Pinterest..haha).


I followed Shatzi's tutorial exactly (HERE).  Make sure you really coat the cheesecloth with the cornstarch.  I don't think I did enough because mine wasn't completely stiff when I went to take it off my stand and it kind of collapsed.  I tried to spray it with some spray adhesive I had on hand to see if it would keep it's form better, but I don't know if that helped much. I was hoping my ghost would be a bit taller and thinner like Shatzi's. Because I didn't use enough starch, my ghost is all misshapen in the back and doesn't stand up on its own very well, which is why I propped it against the TV ;)  I think I'll just end up trashing it after Halloween and making a new one next year.  Luckily it's super easy :)  A friend made these ghosts with her kids and used fabric stiffener from Joann's, which I think I'll try next year!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I might have to make one for my Halloween party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen these floating around...but I love the joke :) Also, I just noticed your guns in your cute family picture...looking good! Although my body is crazy different than pre-Henry, I do have mighty fine arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make such cute things for every holiday. This is really cute. I wonder if you could save it with spray starch?

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)