Monday, January 14, 2013

Aiden Lately

I thought I'd do a little post on what Aiden's been up to lately.  I decided to stop doing the monthly posts (I did them every month until he turned a year), but I'm hoping to blog more frequently with what he's up to so I can keep the posts a little shorter.  I will definitely continue to do a post with his stats whenever he has a doctor's appt. though.
  • Aiden waves at everyone.  It is so adorable.  He pretty much waves at every person when we go grocery shopping and on errands.  It's funny to see how different people react.  Most people love it and wave back and often stop to talk.  There are a few though (usually men) that pretend they don't see him. Oh well!  He also knows to wave when we're saying "bye bye" to someone.
Seriously love that little wave of his :)

  • He has started saying ball "ba" and more "mo."  He gets so excited when we see the big red balls outside Target (I don't know if every Target has those) and just keeps saying "ba ba ba ba" over and over as we approach them.  I'm hoping to get a video next time we go.  He also says "ba" for balloon and notices every single one at the grocery store and points them out.  He is so fun to bring out on errands!
  • He learned how to climb up on our chair/couch and also how to get down.
  • We got this stuffed giraffe from my baby shower before Aiden was even born that has 4 buttons that play different rhythms that are supposed to be soothing.  Aiden has hardly paid any attention to it until just recently when he must have discovered the buttons. Now I go in his room almost every evening (and even at nap time sometimes) and the giraffe is playing.  I think he likes it :)
  • He pretty much always runs away from me when I'm trying to change his diaper or get him dressed so I have to chase him down. You can tell he thinks it's a game - little stinker!
  • He absolutely loves to be outside and has learned how to climb up the stairs.
This is from Wednesday.

  • From the previous video, you can see he also gets super excited when he sees ducks or birds, but especially puppies.  He runs over to the window and just starts yelling gibberish.  Again, I will try to get a video.
  • He has started to slam doors shut.
  • We had a pine candle that we lit during the Christmas season and Aiden was very fascinated by it and learned how to blow. Now we have a different candle out and he knows just where it is and will start making his little blowing noise and wants us to lift him up so he can see it.  I think he likes to see the flame flicker when he blows.
  • I put this on Facebook, but want to make sure I have it here too. Lately Aiden will bring us a book to read, but after about the first page he'll just wander off, so we'll stop reading.  But then he'll come running back over and give the book back and the cycle continues..haha.  So now we'll often be reading in the background and he'll just be doing his own thing.  Maybe it's comforting for him to hear our voices?!
  • I also put this on Facebook, but Aiden is starting to be my little helper.  I had him help me bring in the groceries Friday afternoon (I gave him the lightest bag..haha).
I can't believe how big he looks in this picture!  He also looks very proud to me..haha.

  • Lastly, I know this post is like video overload, but this is just a video of Aiden talking.  He is pretty much always talking and I wanted to make sure I had his cute voice on video.  It's all gibberish ;) I didn't mean for the video to go so long..haha.  And you can see how messy our house is.  It's not always like this - well really it is most of the time..sigh.  It's really hard to keep up with Aiden!



Quick birthday shout-out to Grandma Tanis!  We got to celebrate tonight with dinner at Carrabba's :)

Aiden was not being very cooperative..haha.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful account of Aiden right now! I held by breath the whole time he climbed those stair! (Reminded me of Trent at that age...so fearless). I'll never get tired of hearing his sweet voice. I LOVE to follow the Aiden trail. My house looks like that too when he is here and I don't care a bit!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)