Monday, October 28, 2013

Aiden's Being Promoted...

...to big brother!!

We are pregnant with baby #2 and due May 7th, 2014, a day before my mom's birthday ;)  So let me tell you a little about this journey.

We started trying for baby #2 at the beginning of May, and later that month my period was a week late, which never happens.  I was convinced I must be pregnant, but 3 negative pregnancy tests later my period finally came.  I'm pretty sure I had a very early miscarriage and I was a little bummed because we would have been able to announce to my family while we were in Ireland.  But all was well and we just got back to trying.

A few months later we actually got pregnant in August and I had my missed period while we were in San Francisco.  I took a pregnancy test a week later, actually on the same day (September 6th) after we went to the Children's Museum with Tanis, and it came back positive!  I had gotten pink and blue balloons back in May when I originally thought I was pregnant, but hid them when that turned out negative.  So I pulled those out again and starting blowing them up.  I think Aiden was wondering why I was blowing up so many, but he loves balloons so it was fun for him, even though he was completely oblivious as to what they represented!

Waiting for Dad to get home.



We can always see Trent from the window walking up when he gets home, so I got the video camera all cued just like when I announced our first pregnancy (HERE).  Thing is, I was using our "new" camera and I started to record just before he walked in, but it would only record a few seconds at a time.  I was SO annoyed!!  Turns out DSLRs need a higher class memory card (I didn't even realize there were different classes before this).  So I have little tiny snippets of Trent's reaction, but it's not even worth it to put them up.

Basically Trent walked in and asked "What's the celebration for?" and I was all annoyed with our camera and just said, "Honey, they're blue and pink..." and then he caught on..haha.  Oh my husband.


Didn't realize I was throwing up 2 pink ones.  That doesn't mean anything.  Although my mom and Trent think I'm having a girl.




As for announcing to my family, I kind of wanted at least one other member of my family to be around besides just the regulars - Mom, Dad, and Amber.  We knew Amy was coming down for Conference weekend so we decided to wait until then when I was 9 1/2 weeks. We decided to customize some M&M's because I thought it would be a perfect little "treat" while we were watching Conference.

We were pretty shocked that this tiny little bag (7 oz.) cost us almost 30 bucks.  It was 10 bucks just to have them shipped b/c they ship them with a cooling bag so they won't melt.


We had some of them say "Baby #2" and others say "Due early May."


We headed over for the Saturday morning session, but here in AZ it starts at 9.  My family takes Conference pretty seriously, and I didn't want to disrupt it, so we wanted to make the announcement before it started.  We got there a little early and everyone was finishing up breakfast.  I casually told them we brought a little treat and set this little bowl on the table along with a bag of regular M&M's, but no one seemed to care since it was pretty early in the morning.  Like 15 minutes later my mom finally said, "Now what are those other M&M's" and I just started to laugh.  I couldn't believe they weren't catching on since they were blue and pink!!  So Amy grabbed the bowl and finally read them.  Apparently that whole time she was thinking, "Why would they bring their old Easter M&M's"..haha.  Fail.


Aiden was loving the M&M's and obviously didn't know there was anything special about them ;)



We FaceTimed Jen and Jill to tell them.  Amy whipped up this little sign since they wouldn't be able to tell what the M&M's said.


We went over to Tanis and Kent's for the Sunday morning session to announce to them.  For them, Trent waited for Conference to start and later poured the M&M's in a bowl.  Neither of them seemed very interested in having any either, but Trent handed the bowl directly to his mom, so she caught on within a few seconds.  I think Kent regretted not taking any to begin with ;)

I was so happy to finally have that off our chests.  There were so many times where we accidentally spilled the beans, just because with the second pregnancy it seems so much more normal and not like we have this HUGE surprise, like with the first, if that makes sense.

As for how I'm feeling, I have been completely exhausted - like I have no energy.  Pretty much everyday, I nap while Aiden naps.  Because of this, our house has been a complete disaster a lot of the time :/  I have also been quite nauseous.  I haven't thrown up at all, which I'm grateful for, but I'm definitely tired of being sick to my stomach.  I am about 13 weeks along so I'm hoping to feel more myself again as we enter the second trimester.

Everyone keeps asking if we're hoping for a boy or a girl.  I would honestly be totally happy to have another boy because, honestly, how cute would it be for Aiden to have a little brother?!  Of course, though, it would be so fun to have a girl too.  We shall see!

I had had a dream or two that we were having a girl so at first I was thinking girl.  But then I checked the Chinese Calendar and it said boy.  It was right for my cousin with all 3 of her kids, so now I'm just confused.  I have no idea!!  We should be finding out the gender in December.  Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for a new little one to love! I have a feeling Aiden will be a great big brother :) I must admit...I was thinking is might be old Easter Candy too lol. I really was suspicious of the two of you bringing a sweet so early in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chinese calendar was right for me too! I feel the same way...I would love a girl for Charlotte but of course I would be happy with a little boy. We are really excited for you, Trent, and Aiden!! Can't believe who all is pregnant! It's so exciting for this family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond excited for you guys! That is one lucky baby to be coming to such a great family! Love you guys and can't wait to see what it is- I am crossing my fingers for a girl :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)