Wednesday, November 5, 2014

6 months

Our Janie is 6 months!  Her half birthday was last Tuesday the 28th. We went to her appt. that day and she weighed in at 15 pounds 13.5 ounces (45th percentile) and is measuring 27 inches long.  She is in the 90th percentile for length - she's tall!!  She got 4 vaccines - 1 oral and 3 shots in her thighs.

Little love got neon band-aids this time (she had just barely woken from her nap).


Here's what Janie's been up to in the last month:

  • The biggest thing is that she is sitting up on her own.  She still occasionally topples over, but it's rare nowadays.





  • We tried starting solids right about when she turned 5 months, but have kind of slowed down for now with that.  We started w/ oatmeal and she didn't seem to like that at all, so then we tried sweet potatoes and she didn't seem to like that either.  I was trying to figure out if it was a texture thing or if she's just picky, so over the course of the month we also tried carrots, squash, applesauce, and bananas and same reaction with all of them, so I definitely think it's a texture thing.  Our doctor is saying she may not be ready until more like 7 months, so we'll just take it slow.
  • There were a few days when Janie would randomly start scratching her head.  I couldn't figure out if it was because it was itchy or if she just discovered she had hair up there and was feeling it..haha.  Nonetheless, it cracked me up :)
  • We've started to put Janie in Aiden's old high chair while we eat and she loves sitting at the table with all of us :)  It's so cute!  
Now that we're in a house and have some more space, I'm thinking of getting a full-size high chair in the next few months.  Let me know if you have a favorite :)



  • Janie really likes all of Aiden's stuff and maybe, just maybe, sometimes I purposefully give stuff to Janie just to get a reaction out of Aiden ;)  Guilty..haha.  I'll have to do another post on their brother-sister relationship ;)  Maybe these next two photos are some instances..ha.
This photo totally cracks me up!  Janie's bed head and lots of drool. These photos are obviously staged.  Janie can't get on by herself yet ;)


Hahaha.


  • She loves loves the crinkle noise of paper and will grab any within her reach :)
  • She is getting too long for the baby bath!  It may be time to start bathing the kids together.  It might be nice to just deal with one bath time.  Or it might just be really wet.

  • She has been teething for a little while now.  Over the last week I could feel that one of the bottom ones had cut through her gums, but whenever we'd go to try to see it, Janie would stick her tongue way out..haha.  To my surprise, I went to look tonight and BOTH of the front bottom ones have cut through!  They are just barely visible, but I'm sure it'll only be a matter of days before we can get a good picture of them ;)
And as always, here's a whole bunch of random pictures ;)



The next 3 photos are from Conference weekend at the beginning of October.

She fell over ;)



Just love her gorgeous eyes.


Bumbo pics.



She was helping me make cookies for Activity Days ;)  She's holding the chocolate chips..ha.


I know she's closing her eyes in this one, but I thought it was kind of funny that you can see Aiden playing outside in the background :)



This is a daily occurrence.  I can't help it - her cheeks are divine!!  As you can see, she's totally used to it ;)


Don't worry, I don't bite hard.  I just chew a little ;)


Waking up big brother from his nap ;)  We still occasionally put a diaper on him for naps.




That face!


Notice anything out of place in this picture??  Aiden was using the top bar part as a bridge for his fire truck..haha.  Love him and his little imagination :)


Aiden often helps me wake up Miss Janie from her naps (we have her on a little schedule) :)



Aiden kind of just dumped all of these toys on Janie..haha.  And do you love that her chew ring is all the way up her arm?!


So stinking cute!


Janie found Daddy's baseball cap :)


Janie watching the boys play Candyland after Church.  Do you love that Aiden had taken his pants off, but still had his socks on?  Haha.


Too much cute.



Aiden loves to climb in with Janie :)


I posted this one to Instagram.  They don't look like siblings at all, do they?  They both have Daddy's squinty, smiley eyes :)


The week before Halloween we went to the Balloon Spooktacular (same that we went to last year - HERE) and we took a few pictures before we left (I don't think I'll get to posting about it).  Janie just really wanted Aiden's bucket ;)


Her first time in the umbrella stroller :)


Last Tuesday, before Halloween, was the coolest day of the week (at 85 degrees), so I thought I'd take the opportunity to dress Janie in her long-sleeve Halloween outfit.



I was cleaning the kid's bathroom the other day, so I stuck Janie in her doorway (the bathroom's right next to it) with her toy box :)




Just 2 sleeping ones this month ;)


Love her little hands :)

1 comment:

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)