Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter Sunday

I'm finally getting around to posting about our Easter! We had a wonderful Easter weekend. We spent Saturday and Sunday watching General Conference (a worldwide conference for our church, held twice a year, where we receive counsel from our prophet and Church leaders). Unfortunately this was the first time where I really felt like I missed most of it. It seemed like the kids needed our constant attention! And then our router decided to stop working at the end of the Sunday morning session :/ Thank goodness we can watch and/or read all of the talks again when we have some quiet time ;)

Sunday morning, before Conference, we let the kids see their Easter baskets/gifts. I am so irritated because I thought I had been recording the whole thing, but I only got the very beginning and the very end :/ Fail!


Janie got her first tea set (thank you Target dollar section!). Aiden was enjoying it along with her ;)



Later the kids seemed to have more fun with the "grass" than anything else. Such a mess!


After Conference Sunday afternoon, we headed to Tanis and Kent's for a most delicious Easter dinner and egg hunt. Tanis invited my family and it was really nice to have both families together. Trent's second cousin, Courtney, was there as well, with her husband, Eric, and 2-year-old daughter Mia. They've recently moved to AZ and we are loving seeing them more often :)

Tanis and Kent really scored with this trash truck for Aiden. We had had the same one, but a while back Aiden brought it into the tub, and then we went on vacation or something, and came back and mold had started growing in it, so we had to toss it. Aiden's so happy to have it back now! We definitely won't be taking this one in the tub..haha.


Janie got a doll :)



Cheesin' ;)


My mom got Janie this adorable little dress while she was in Costa Rica. It's a little low-cut..haha.


The kids were really anxious to get outside for the Easter egg hunt. Well the two older kids, I should say - Janie had no idea what was going on!


She only got this egg b/c I threw it to her..haha.



Aiden clutched his new garbage truck the whole time he searched for eggs ;)





Whoops, bad shadows from this angle.





Family photo.


I know it's silly to post all of these, but I kind of love seeing the progression. Janie's the only one that really changes..haha.




She wouldn't let go of those two eggs!



Our cute kids!


Aiden and Janie with Grandma and Grandpa Knuckles.


My mom had us jump in.


Janie with Aunt Amber.


The kids with my family. Janie turned right as I snapped :/


Mia (and her adorable bunny ears) with Aiden and Janie.


I was so, so grateful that Aiden got along with Mia pretty well. Last time did not go so well, but this time he did a pretty good job of sharing. And he even gave her the cutest hug at the the end!



Had to get this shot of the sunset on our way home!


I know I'm late, but I couldn't end this without expressing the knowledge of my Savior and that He lives. I was reading in Alma 38 last week, where Alma is counseling his son Shiblon, and in verse 5 he says, "And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."  I know this is true and I am so grateful that, because of Him, I can be with my adorable little family forever.

2 comments:

  1. Stop it!!! I'm dying over the pictures! Totally stealing the ones of Mia and the kids, if you don't mind!
    Aiden was SO great! I'm pretty sure that Mia was trying to stake a claim on half the stuff there, just because she knew it was irritating Aiden. Ugh! Kids!! But aside from her couple of times of tormenting poor Aiden, they were SO CUTE together!! Can't wait to get together again! Let's make it happen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! It was such a fun group. Thanks for the beautiful photo documentation. Adore those kids!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)