Sunday, May 3, 2015

Janie's First Birthday Party

Janie turned 1 this last Tuesday, the 28th, (blog post to come). We held off on her little party until yesterday. We kept it really intimate, just like we did for Aiden's first, and just had my family, Trent's family, and cousins Courtney and Mia, so it was the same crowd from Easter (we were bummed Eric had to work). I didn't really have a theme for her party. "Girly" is what I kept telling everyone..haha. We had a fun afternoon celebrating our Janie :)

You'll see later that both grandparents brought little "cars" for Janie and neither were wrapped, so Janie got to start playing with them right away ;)


This girl. Of course she had to stand on it..haha.


We wanted to get a few pictures of Jane Jane before we took off her romper to eat.


I made the highchair tutu from a tutorial I found on Pinterest and I picked up the tassel garland and heart balloons from The TomKat Studio in Chandler.


Change of headband ;)


We kept it fairly simple for lunch and just got some pizzas from Costco, a veggie tray, and fruit salad.


I made up these cupcakes. I found the idea on Pinterest as well and thought they'd be a great touch for Janie's girly birthday party :) They're a lot easier than they look. It's just marshmallows on top, cut diagonally and you shake them around in a baggie with sprinkles ;)


I was pleased with how they turned out :)


Miss Janie eating her lunch.


We could hardly get Aiden and Mia to eat! They were loving the balloons and whacking each other with them..haha.


And they were matching! So cute!


So the cake. Oh the cake. I got it from Safeway and was not expecting the HOT pink color she ended up doing. I had shown her a picture with an ombre cake that went white, light pink, darker pink. There is no white on this cake..haha. I was not too happy. Oh well. It actually looks cuter in pics than I thought it would. Thank heavens it was only $7 ;)


I made the cupcakes for everyone else to have.


After lunch we sang to Janie and let her have at it ;)


The candle's kind of right in front of her face.




We jumped in for a few pics before she went to town.



We had to encourage her a little at first...


but she didn't need too much encouraging ;)


I was so glad my mom got some of these close-ups. I tend to like to see the "whole picture", but then I forget to get close-ups! Luckily my mom's the opposite ;)





I love the open-handed shoving cake in her face ;)



The aftermath.



Both Grandma's threw Janie in the bath real quick after cake and then we did presents.




We had been telling Aiden earlier in the week that he would need to help Janie open her gifts since he's the big brother. He took this job very seriously and wouldn't really let Janie help at all..haha.







This feisty little thing just wanted to play. No pictures.


Little goof.




With our birthday girl :)



Everyone was a little worn out by the end. Aiden and Mia snuggled up on Trent's lap to watch a show. Mia got Aiden's fireman hat ;)


Courtney really got Janie laughing :)




This girl loves Courtney :)


Thank you to our families for coming to celebrate with us. Janie had such a fun time :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am just DYING over these sweet pictures! Everything about her party was perfect!! The decor (ADORABLE!), the food (so smart! Simple and yummy! I was actually thinking that we are just doing costco pizza for Mia's 3rd party! Yes, I think of these things this far in advance, HA!) the company and sweet Janie! Cutest 1 year old EVER! Thanks for having us! I am just DYING over the pictures (stealing them!) and missing Jane Jane's sweet laugh already! We need to plan a play date asap, then we can all get together on a Saturday when work finally slows back down for Eric (so in June. Lame!)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)