Saturday, October 16, 2010

First-Time Parents

NO, we are not pregnant! Monday thru Wednesday though, for the first time, we stayed at a family's home in the ward and babysat 3 of their kids, Tristan, 5, Maggie, 6, and Davis, 12. Their parents, Nicole and Travis, were a Ma and Pa for trek and their 3 oldest girls went as well.

We showed up Monday morning at 5 a.m. and Maggie and Tristan were already UP! We were thinking it was going to be a LONG day, but later on Tristan fell asleep at 5 p.m. and slept through the night..haha.

Here are some pictures!

Here is Maggie (who is in our primary class!), their sweet dog, Lulu, and Tristan. Davis was gone most of the time with football practice, and while he was home he kind of just did his own thing, so I don't have a picture of him. I don't think he would've wanted me to take a picture of him anyway!


Maggie discovered my straightening brush for when I blowdry my hair and did our hair for a little bit..haha. She would also put her lipstick on me :)


Monday afternoon their cousin, Dallin, came to play. They decided to swim! Yes, it is the middle of October and it's still in the 80's and 90's and warm enough to swim!


Maggie loved using my camera to take pictures, as well as Photo Booth on my Mac. I have too many of her pictures to count!


She got a picture of us working on making spaghetti and garlic bread Monday night.


Maggie and Tristan both had playdates on Tuesday. They got home around 3 and zonked out for a few hours. Later that evening I played Bingo with Maggie.


I loved the ball dispenser. It's so official :)


We promised the kids that we'd go on a bike ride Wednesday morning and they held us to it. We went on an 8 a.m. bike ride! Trent and I got the tandem. I had Maggie take a picture of us on it, but she wouldn't count, so the first time I blinked and the second time we just weren't ready, and then she ran off on her scooter, so Trent just got a picture of me on it..haha.



It was so fun and Trent said maybe we'll think about getting beach cruisers for Christmas! Here's our cute shadow :)


When we got back we made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Trent cracked the eggs so perfectly so I got a picture :)


Trek ended that afternoon and the McBeth's got back around 4. I had to get to work by 2 so Trent hung around while the kids swam again :) All in all we enjoyed our time as "first-time parents." We had to clean up after the kids quite a bit, as well as Lulu (she ripped all of the stuffing out of one of her stuffed animals), but we really had a fun time. Oh, and I forgot to mention, Trent was so good with the kids. He was willing to wrestle and fight them. And he would get so into it! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! The kids loved it!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! Trent will be such a great dad!!! I LOVE the egg picture... Cracks me up!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the egg picture, they have the same couches as my parents, and I'm jealous you are still swimming!!! You guys will be so great when you have a family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness!! I was yelling to my mom that you were gonna have a baby, until i actually read it! :^) Anyway, looks like it was fun!

    --katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I thought you were pregnant! Don't get me worked up like that!

    That is way fun you got to watch those kids. I can see Trent being great with them :)

    Ps. Love the egg pic. Trenton would crack them perfectly haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best form of birth control we've had! Eric and I have babysat like this about 5 times since being married! It's so fun for us and pays nicely :) But it was nice to see how we want to parent without fighting about it with our own kids :) We have a clue about how each other will work with our own kids and it gets me excited :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)