Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blessings Board

Lately Trent and I feel like all we ever do is pay bills, and sometimes we feel like we can't keep up with them. It's hard to go about life without complaining, worrying, and stressing about all that isn't going quite right. Often we (I mean "we" as in everyone) have to make a conscious effort to be optimistic. In reality we are all spoiled and have so much to be grateful for! I know because, for the most part, anyone reading this are family or friends :)

I was thrilled when I happened upon this project several weeks ago, and could not pass it up. And it's so easy to make :) I found the tutorial here.

We found a red frame. Here Trent is spray painting it black.



Here's our final product. We are so pleased with it!

Julie, the woman who came up with the idea, is using her Blessings Board as a Thanksgiving decoration, but Trent wondered why we wouldn't just use ours all year round. We think it'll be fun to change out the fabric for the appropriate season and time of year :) We can't decide if we want to add flowers to ours like Julie did. It would be harder because we'd have to change them up everytime we change the fabric. We may just add some ribbon to a corner because it would be easier. Who knows! My mom thinks we should just leave it plain, but Amber thinks we should definitely add a flower or ribbon ;)
Trent and I took turns writing our blessings with glass markers (I found them at Walmart for about $3.50). It's fun to be able to change them up whenever you think of one! I don't know if you can read them all in the pictures.
They are (I started):

1. Trent
2. Jess
3. Our home
4. The Atonement
5. Our jobs
6. Scriptures
7. Midol (earlier that morning I had terrible, terrible cramps)
8. Pumpkins
9. Cooling weather
10. Date night
We have our Blessings Board right near our front door. As silly as it sounds, it helps keep things in perspective. There's something about having a tangible object that we can look at and write on :)

Hope you guys will think about making one too!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! I seriously think I'll make one and have Bennett learn more about being thankful. Great idea! And I'm with your mom- I totally like it plain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! & it would, for sure, be great all year round! If you don't mind, I'll add this to another Features Post coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! So creative, cute, and uplifting! I totally want to make one too for my future house someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that turned out adorable! :) LOVE IT! you have such a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make one...or you and trenton could just make me one :) That is a great Idea to make for whoever you have for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! I want to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to do this! I saw this the other day when I really needed to turn my day around. This was perfect

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)