Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving this past week. We have so much to be grateful for :) My mom's sister, Mimi, and her family (the Clark's) came from New York to celebrate with us. We were so happy to have them here in AZ! The older girls (Jen, Jill, Bryn, and Tori) stayed at our place and everyone else stayed at my parent's.

I didn't get too many pictures on my camera because when Jill's around she is constantly snapping away! I hate to have all of the same pictures as her so I let her take care of the picture taking :) If you want to see just about every detail of our Thanksgiving week, check out all of Jill's pictures on Facebook!

Here are my pictures starting from Thanksgiving. These first several are just kind of a funny progression :)



My family always jokes that when Trent married me he also married Jen!





Trent and I made a chocolate pudding kind of dessert called Lush. This was before we put the final whipped cream layer on. The recipe is from my cousin Michelle (I've put some of her recipes on my blog before).


I don't know who took this picture, but it's cute! Amber, my cousin, Tori, and Aunt Mimi in the background.



The beautiful Thanksgiving spread before we started eating.

Bird's eye view.

After we ate, we played a heated game of PRIZE, a Thanksgiving tradition we adopted from the Harrison's (Michelle's family) :)


After that we all took a walk around the neighborhood and threw the football around a little bit.



This picture cracks me up b/c everyone seems to be going in different directions!

The puppies were so happy :) They love walks!

Friday we did some Black Friday shopping, ate at Johnny Rockets for dinner and went to see the lights at the Mesa temple. While inside the Visitor's Center looking at all of the nativities we ran into Sister Fonbuena! She is a close friend that Trent, Jen, and I met at the Riviera in Provo my freshman year. It was so fun to see her and catch up a little bit! She heads home a few days after Christmas!



That evening us girls and Trent headed back to our place and watched "Step Up" and played Nerts (we played every night before bed!)

Saturday, Jen, Jill, and Bryn had to head back to Provo and Idaho :( The rest of us headed to Las Sendas for some "hiking". It turns out we just walked on a sidewalk most of the time, but it was a fun time! We took two bikes with us and took turns on them..haha.

I noticed this cactus along the way. How did they get that hat up there?!



Amber, my cousin, Paige, and myself.



This was our little bit of hiking! I'm kind of totally blocking Tori in this picture..haha.

After this we introduced the Clark's to Golden Spoon. I got the Pumpkin Pie flavor again! So good!

Sunday we just basically went to church and watched "How to Train Your Dragon" later in the evening. The Clark's headed home on Monday.

We loved seeing everyone during the break and were sad to see them go. Luckily we'll see them in 2 short weeks when we head up to Idaho for Jen's graduation :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica!

    Your main blog picture is super cute! I love all the other pictures you put up from your Thanksgiving! Do you enjoy the warm weather? Is it weird that it is warm around Christmas time? I would get so confused...lol. Anyway, I did a Thanksgiving blog entry to keep everyone updated! It's been over a month since I wrote...but I'm not giving up on the blog! Also, your background is so cute and christmasy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more reason we were meant to be friends: We totally watched "Step Up" this weekend too! We watched it with another couple and I haven't seen in in forever so we decided to make a girls' choice and watch it. So random!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! You guys look so cute together.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)