Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am 23!

I thought I'd do a quick post on my birthday. It's a little late, but I turned 23 last Wednesday, November 10. I had a wonderful day! Trent took me out to breakfast, instead of the standard dinner, because I had to work from 2-9. It was perfect though because going out to breakfast is one of my favorite things to do :)

We decided to try a place here in Gilbert called The Farmhouse. We had to laugh when we saw on their website that according to United Airlines it's among the top 25 things to do while in Arizona. What does that say about Arizona?? Anyway, we really enjoyed it and I'm sure we'll be back!

Unfortunately I don't have too many pictures from my day. I was teasing Trent that he was supposed to take them and that's why I don't have many.

There were a whole bunch of geese in the pond outside our apartment on our way to breakfast. They've been hanging out around here and it's kind of fun to have them..haha.
When we got back from breakfast I opened Trent's gifts to me and got to spend some time reading all of my Facebook messages and texts :) Thanks all! As I was getting ready to go to work my mom stopped by with some roses :) I didn't get a picture with her b/c I was in my bathrobe, but here's a picture of the roses later in the evening.

Several people told me they were sorry that I had to work from 2-9 on my birthday, but I didn't mind because I got to work with my cute coworker Kelsey! She's so fun, and pregnant :), and I just love chit chatting with her!

Trent usually brings dinner and eats with me in the mall when I'm working the evening shift so he brought fajitas. Oh, they were so tasty :) Later on my mom and Amber showed up with some gifts. I knew they'd do that..haha! I just opened them in the store. Don't worry, there weren't any customers around. It was fun to have them stop by! Again, no pictures :/

I got home around 9:15 and Trent had made me a chocolate cake. We didn't have quite enough candles from after we celebrated his birthday last month, so he just put in as many as we had.

23! haha

Trent sang, I made a wish, and blew out the candles :)

All in all I really did have a great, low key day, just the way I like it :) Wow, this post ended up being longer than I thought it would be!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! PS it looks SO warm down there! Also, I know we're all swamped during the holidays but I'd love to catch up with you while I'm down there if just for an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I love the 2 - 3 picture of you and Trent.. bahaha you guys are too clever.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)