Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Nie Nie Dialogues

Back in September, the BYU Women's Services and Resources announced Recapturing Beauty, a campaign to "reshape [women's] ideas and attitudes about beauty away from those promoted in our popular culture."

To kick off the campaign, Stephanie Nielson, author of the Nie Nie Dialogues, was invited to speak at BYU. I think the majority of my readers know who Stephanie is. For those who don't, very long story short, in August 2008 she and her husband were in a plane crash. Stephanie suffered burns on over 80% of her body and was kept in a medically-induced coma for the next 10 weeks.

She speaks more about her experience in the talk she gave entitled "Finding and Loving Your Beauty." You can watch it here (it's probably about 45 minutes long so you may need to make some time for it - trust me, it's worth it!). Stephanie is such a strong and inspirational woman. I hope her talk touches you all the way it touched me. It definitely made me teary, but that's no surprise for those that know me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)