Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Eggs

Tanis, my mother-in-law, came by yesterday to dye eggs with us! She wasn't even feeling that great :/ It was so nice of her to still come out to us and we really appreciated it. And she brought like 2 dozen hard-boiled eggs!

Measuring out the vinegar to prepare the dyes.


Some of our colorful dyes.

Trent with his mom.

Trent dyeing one of his eggs.

Some of our colorful finished eggs :) Tanis brought a neat little kit where we could tie-dye some of them.

Our personalized eggs. I didn't realize it when I was doing it, but Trent thinks mine ended up looking like a Jamaican egg, which is funny because that's where we went on our honeymoon about 3 years ago.

My dyed fingertips.

Thank you Tanis for providing all of the eggs and fun :)


My mom gets back from Spain tomorrow and she knew Amber would be a little disappointed about not getting her usual Easter basket, so she left it with us as a little surprise.

She also asked us to set up a little Easter egg hunt for Amber. She's 14 by the way..haha. No, I'm not making fun! I participated in an Easter egg hunt until I left for college (Trent was shocked to learn that today!), but I had all of my sisters searching with me. It was kind of funny to see Amber searching all by herself. Poor girl is practically an only child ;)

Amber searching. She had an audience.

Some of them may have been a little obvious..haha

Got this picture for you Mom!


We had a nice Easter. Last night we got to attend the Mesa Easter Pageant. I was so glad we could do this because I had a rough week and didn't really feel like I was in the true Easter spirit. It was beautiful.

I know Christ gave His life for us so that we may live again. And for that I am eternally grateful. I know He lives!

2 comments:

  1. So we've seriously had an easter egg dying kit for two years, I always forget we have it until Easter is over. Post-Easter FHE here we come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post. I am so glad you showed everything you did for Easter that I missed out on!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)