Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Fool's!

I played 2 harmless, little April Fool's Day pranks on Trent on Friday :)

First, I switched our dishes around.

This is how they usually look...


so I just swapped the plates with the bowls and glasses. Trent didn't even react..haha. He just thought I had decided to change it up. I think he had forgotten it was April Fool's Day, and didn't think that innocent little Jess would actually try to pull a prank on him ;) Also, I didn't notice him open the cabinet when he did, so I didn't get to scream "April Fool's!"

I would have done something a little more drastic, like switch that whole cabinet with the spice cabinet, but I did it the night before, and Trent was already asleep, so I was worried I'd wake him up and he'd catch me in the act!

Luckily I got him on my second prank ;)

This was an easy one too. I simply put some electrical tape over the sensor on our remote control.


After a day of substitute teaching, Trent comes home and almost immediately plops down and turns on the TV (and usually falls asleep! Poor guy is exhausted after being with all those crazy kids all day!)

Anyway, he did just that on Friday afternoon. I was totally laughing in the kitchen when I saw him going for the remote, but he didn't catch on. He actually got quite frustrated jerking his arm towards the TV and said, "What the heck??" in a very frustrated tone! GOT HIM!!

So those were my pranks! Trent didn't pull anything on me. He should have! Lucky for him I was very nice. I was reading up on some April Fool's prank ideas and there were some mean ones. I would never.

Oh and sorry for the lame pictures! I couldn't get Trent to pose for me :)


P.S. We're headed to Provo tomorrow, and then Rexburg this weekend for Jill's graduation. I have been kind of dreading it b/c of all the driving, but now that I started packing I'm totally pumped!! I'm so excited to see so many people I've been missing! Definitely look for a post on it sometime next week :)

4 comments:

  1. haha jess you are too funny! love the remote control one ;) my old roommate got her husband good... she put a rubberband around the sprayer next to faucet of their kitchen sink! she asked him to get some water for her and said "sink water please" and he turns it on and gets totally sprayed hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did some pranks. I keeps life fun. Wait for next year, he will get you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Thane and I considered changing our fb profile pictures to a positive pregnancy test and seeing how long it would take for our parents to hear about it and call us. But then decided they may want to kill us if we did that.

    You come tomorrow! Hoorah! We are so excited to see you!!! And have you stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, totally random, but I saw Linda at the provo library on Thursday and she said that she saw you earlier that day and Ryan and I were totally in Rexburg this weekend for my brother's graduation too! They even graduated from the same Dept (my bro was accounting), but I didn't have my phone with me and they didn't let you yell so I couldn't tell where y'all were...Totally random, but we were so close!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)