Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Day Trip and Being Pulled Over 3 Times

Yes, that's right.  We got pulled over THREE times on Wednesday during our day trip to (and from) Tucson.  And we didn't get a ticket any of the times!  I am convinced it's because I am 8 months pregnant and because we were out-of-towners and pretty much lost every time..haha.  The first time was because Trent cut someone off (we noticed our turn-off at the last second and he honestly didn't see the other car) and the other two times were because our license plate light was out (this was on our home when it was already dark out). By the 3rd time we both just sighed and didn't think anything of it..haha.  We thought for sure we'd get pulled over a 4th time because we still had a good hour and a half left of our drive.  Thank goodness for no tickets though!

Anyway, this last week was Gilbert School District's fall break (remember that Trent subs), so Trent, my mom (who also subs), and Amber had the week off.  My family was originally going to drive down to Rocky Point, Mexico, but one of my Dad's uncles ended up dying unexpectedly so he headed up to Utah for the funeral and we canceled the trip.

So Wednesday Trent and I decided to spend the day down in Tucson. Trent's best friend Cody and his wife Kristell and their baby girl Naomi live down there and we just love them!  I don't know how it's possible that I've never blogged about them before.  Or gotten a picture with them.  Man! Even during this trip we didn't get a picture and I had every intention of doing so :/  Next time for sure!

We also wanted to see if we'd catch any fall leaves down there on Mount Lemmon.  That is until we saw it would be 95 degrees.  I guess it makes sense that we probably need to head more north to see any fall leaves.  But we still thought we'd take the opportunity to drive up the mountain. We'd heard neat things about it.  We did this at the beginning of our day while Cody was still in class (he is attending law school at U of A).  

As you drive, it's like you're going from the border of Mexico to the border of Canada within an hour because of the elevation changes.

First you go through the desert with all of the saguaro cacti.  I don't normally like cacti, but these views were so pretty!  I kept telling Trent that it was like the cacti were "perfectly sprinkled" along the mountainside :)




I zoomed in on this picture some, but this house is up on a hill and must have such a spectacular view!



The middle ground was more rocky with some foliage showing up.




And by the top it was very green!



Typical picture when no one's around to take one for us, with Trent's head cut off some.  Still cute though!


And don't ask me why I tilt my head so much in pictures because I don't know!


After our Mount Lemmon adventure we headed to the Wray's (when we got pulled over the first time). I loved chit chatting with Kristell about babies and labor and what not.  Her Naomi is such a doll!  I can't believe I didn't get any pictures :( Then we all headed out to Carrabba's for dinner. And after that we walked around the World Market.  I had never been in one before! It is such a neat store!  It was so fun to just look at everything! Then we said our goodbyes and got back on the road, only to be pulled over twice more. AND taking an unplanned detour that took us an hour and a half out of our way, aka we got lost!  Needless to say we were happy to get home.  But don't get us wrong though, for the most part it was a fun day :)

1 comment:

  1. You’re lucky that you didn’t get a ticket after being pulled over thrice. The cops must’ve been very considerate about your condition. Anyway, I think you have to be careful driving next time. Not just to avoid getting a ticket, but to prevent any road accidents as well. Stay safe!

    Norma Richards @ Just Bail Bond

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)