Wednesday, October 26, 2011

T. Swift

Saturday Jen, Jill, and I got to go see Taylor Swift (love her!) on her "Speak Now" world tour.  There was no way we were missing her when we found out she was coming to Phoenix.  After all, she was on my bucket list, and who knows if this will be her last tour (I kind of doubt it, but you never know!).

A picture before we headed off (myself, Jen, and Jill).


Jen wanted this shot..haha.  35 weeks!


We got there and got right into a ridiculously long line for t-shirts, only to finally get to the front and they didn't have the t-shirt I wanted in x-small (prematernity!).  Jen and Jill were able to get theirs though.  I'll be ordering one soon!  I need proof that I have marked Taylor Swift off my bucket list ;)

We finally got into the arena and an opening band, Needtobreathe, was performing. We didn't realize we knew them until they played "Something Beautiful" (good song btw).  They were great!

These first 2 pictures are of Needtobreathe.



And then Taylor was up!  Woohoo!  Bear with me.  I seriously took like 90 pictures of her!  I tried to condense (am I using that word right?), but there are still a lot here!  It was so hard for me not to put them all up..haha.  If you don't care about Taylor at all, you may want to just leave now!

When she first came up through the stage!  SO exciting..haha.


We actually had really close seats, but they were on the very left of the stage - like the farthest you could go - so most of my pictures are profile shots of Taylor.

I put up any of the ones where she was walking towards us or facing us :)


She opened with "Sparks Fly."



Performing "Mine."


Performing "The Story of Us."




Taylor with a bunch of her back-up singers and dancers.


She played her banjo during "Our Song" and "Mean" and dressed the part ;)




I loved her interactions with the audience :)


Performing "Better Than Revenge."





There was a whole wedding scene going on while Taylor was performing "Speak Now"..haha.





Then Taylor went down through the audience to a tree near the back of the arena to get closer to everyone back there.  She covered Michelle Branch's (she's from AZ) "All You Wanted" and also performed "Fearless" (and threw in some of "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz), "Last Kiss" and "You Belong With Me" back there.


After she came back through the audience and was getting back on the stage.


Performing "Dear John" on the steps.  Fireworks went off towards the end of this song!


Performing "Enchanted."




Performing "Haunted."


This was a fun surprise!  She brought Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World, who is from right here in Mesa(!), and they performed "The Middle" together. Brought back some great high school memories!  


It was pretty funny because there were a bunch of teeny-boppers there with their parents and they clearly had never heard this song!


And then my camera died :(

She performed "Long Live", "Ours" (which we hadn't heard before), and "Fifteen" after my camera died.  Her final song was "Love Song" and I'm so bummed I didn't get pictures.  This is our (Jen, Jill, and I) favorite song of hers and we were so relieved she performed it.  She got in a balcony during it and it whisked her up and all around the arena.  She got pretty close to all of the people way up in the arena!  Wish I had gotten pictures!

Anyway, we had a great time!  It was an awesome concert!  We had heard people (haters) say that she is awful live, but we were really impressed! Definitely worth it and I would see her again for sure :)


P.S. Earlier today (Tuesday) I had the startling realization that it was October 25th.  This little guy is due November 25th!  That's one month people!

3 comments:

  1. ugh i am. so. JEALOUS! tom and I LOVE her. and he would be so mad if i went with out him. hahah "ours" is his favorite song and "speak now" and "Haunted" are my favs... and it looks like she puts on such a good show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous you guys got to go! It looks like it was such a fun concert!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you guys had so much fun! What a fun concert to go to! I am loving her dresses! Also! Your baby is coming so soon! You look darling! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)