Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birthday Boy!!

Trent turned 27 today (Monday)!  He feels old..haha.  I figured I probably wouldn't be home when he got home from work (I was at the grocery store grabbing ingredients for dinner and dessert) so I had his gifts waiting for him.  


I got home and Trent was already preparing dinner (not the one I had planned) because he was so hungry.  I couldn't believe it!  Silly boy!  He was chopping ingredients for orange chicken (I posted the recipe here), but then he realized we didn't have any tomato sauce, so we got to have his favorite meal after all!  It's a pasta with lots of veggies - onion, yellow squash, zucchini, garlic, and also basil.  We got it off a Barilla spaghetti box a few years ago.  We call it Spring Pasta because it seems springy to us and it's very light!  I'll have to post the recipe sometime :)

Anyway, I had Trent take a break helping with dinner (he won't even let me spoil him on his birthday - really I'm just too slow..haha) to open his gifts.


I got him the new Death Cab for Cutie c.d., Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue cologne, and his first pair of TOMS.  They're navy blue.  He seemed happy with it all :)  My secret - I listen all throughout the year for things Trent is interested in and keep a list.  Very helpful come birthdays and Christmas :)  I adopted the idea from "The 5 Love Languages."

Trent had mentioned he's been wanting a dessert my family calls Lush (got the recipe from my cousin Michelle) and his family calls Iola's (sp.) dessert. We came to realize that both of our families have the recipe!  I decided to make it instead of cake this year.  It's basically a four-layer dessert with a crust, cream cheese/Cool Whip layer, chocolate pudding layer, and Cool Whip on top.  Again, I'll have to post the exact recipe sometime!


My family stopped by for a little bit with some gifts for Trent.  We watched a bit of "The Sing-Off" (the BYU group Vocal Point is on there!) and "Dancing with the Stars."

My mom, Jen, us, Amber, and Jill.  Dad was home sick :/


Oh Jennie!  She brought little carrot cake bites for Trent (he loves carrot cake!)


Trent said he had a great latter part of the day (I guess subbing was kind of rough today)!  Can't believe he's going to be a daddy next month.  Next year we'll have an almost 1-year-old toddler celebrating with us!  Happy birthday sweet boy!  Love you to pieces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)