Sunday, February 10, 2013

Where Oh Where

So lately I feel like I am always running around frantically trying to find something that Aiden's misplaced.  This usually happens right as we're trying to rush out the door and I realize I don't know where one of Aiden's shoes are or, more importantly, the keys!

Here is when I found his little shoe in the coffee table.  At this time I was actually just grabbing the remote and was surprised to find his shoe in there :)


Another time I found it in this cabinet.  This is now a go-to place when we're looking for something.


It's funny though because now sometimes we'll be looking for something and we just assume we have to look in all these crazy places, but what we're looking for is sitting in plain sight..haha.  Now we're looking too hard! 

Aiden loves to play with our keys.  Whenever we come home I immediately hang them up on our key hook, but after a while Aiden goes over and starts begging and reaching for them and we always give in and let him have them.  You'd think we'd learn..haha.  Friday we spent like 15 minutes looking for them.  We were super frustrated because we just wanted to get out the door and then Trent looked in my purse and there they were..haha.  I guess Aiden's seen me put them in there when we're out and about :)

Earlier this week I couldn't find the plug for the bathtub.  Aiden has been sick so I had the hot shower going to steam up the bathroom while Aiden and I searched (well, let's be honest, it was just me searching..haha).  By the time I got back to the bathroom (like 15-20 minutes later) the hot water was gone and I still hadn't found the plug!  So irritating!  We waited a while to get some hot water again and  I just ended up using one of Aiden's bath toys - a little ball - to block the drain.  Later that night Trent found the plug in the trash can.  Oh my!  Now we have to worry about Aiden throwing things away!

  
And because I don't have a picture of Aiden yet in this post, here is a picture that many of you have already seen on Facebook, but I love it.


A few weeks ago Trent started filling the tub for Aiden before Church and he quickly turned the corner to grab a towel and, to his surprise, Aiden had climbed in the tub with his jammies still on!  For those of you freaking out because Aiden's in the tub alone, it literally took Trent 2 seconds max to grab the towel - the linen closet is right outside the door.  And we didn't even know Aiden knew how to climb in - now we know!  As I always say, this kid keeps me laughing :)

5 comments:

  1. I love my little bugger! Send the little stink face over :) -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I love that you found the bath plug in the garbage! He is a funny funny little guy. Definitely keeps you on your toes and is always doing funny stuff - I hope I have such entertaining kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so smart and quick! Lucky you don't really nap Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Story of my life! Love finding little tiny things tucked all over the house. Wait until toys are in full swing and you're frantically looking for that ONE toy he can't live without for that particular ten minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny...at least after you find what you're looking for! I know my day is coming!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)