Friday, February 22, 2013

15 months

Aiden turned 15 months this last Sunday and we went to his check-up on Wednesday.  He weighed in at 21 pounds 7 ounces (30th percentile) and is 31.25 inches long (I believe that's 50th).  He had to get 3 vaccines again - one in each leg and one in his arm :(

  • He has 8 teeth and 4 molars - 12 in total.  That seems like so many!
  • Apparently I say "uh-oh" more than I realized because Aiden recently started saying it :)  It's pretty cute and I got it on video yesterday.  Most of the time it sounds more like "uh-whoo" :)

  • Aiden was kind of matching Ellen yesterday so I had to get a picture ;)
  • These pictures are from a few weeks back (he just happens to be wearing the same thing).  If we're just hanging out around the house, I don't put pants on Aiden because I love seeing his little thighs :)
 


  • Aiden's been fighting nap time this week and even gets to the point where he "threatens" to get out - yesterday he proved that he can get one of his legs up over the crib.  I guess it's time to move his mattress down to it's lowest setting.
  • Aiden's been doing this for a while, but I literally just saw him do it and realized I've never written about it.  He will often pick up his paci using his mouth instead of his hands.  He'll lean all the way over and suck it in with his mouth.  It is so funny and he knows it is. He'll always look over at us to see if we saw him do it and will kind of laugh.  He does this with food too.  For instance, if I have Craisins in my hand (which he loves!) and offer them to him, he'll bury his mouth in my hand to get them instead of just picking them up and putting them in his mouth..haha.  I'll have to try to get video of these.
  • He has picked up some bad habits in the last few weeks.  He has started to pull my hair at times and laughs when he does it and sometimes he'll bite us.  He definitely likes to get a reaction out of us!  We are really trying to teach him not to do these things.  We don't want him to be the little terror when he starts going to nursery at Church..haha.  He will also stuff his mouth completely full of food, but then spit it all out.  I think his mouth gets too full to swallow.  And this last week he also discovered that his finger fits perfectly up his nose - oh no!
I don't want to end on a bad note though.  Aiden really is such a joy and I thank the Lord every night for him and Trent.  Trent and I have been talking a lot lately about how good life is right now.  Trent has a great job, I get to be home with Aiden, we live near both families, we are all healthy, and Aiden sleeps through the night (he has been for a year now, but I am just oh-so-grateful!).  What more could I ask for?!  Obviously that list is not even close to being all-inclusive, but you get the point :)

3 comments:

  1. How fun to watch him start to talk! I've known he thinks many things for a long time but it's so great to watch him say it. He is growing so beautifully. Thanks for posting all these great milestones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice how Dad can't resist Aiden? He will join us for awhile and then head to his room, but then peek back out because he hears
    Aiden's cute laugh!! But then again who can?

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)