Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hello Dublin!

We got home from our week long trip to Ireland this past Tuesday.  A humongous THANK YOU to my grandma for taking all of us.  It was such an amazing trip and I honestly fell in love.  I loved every minute! Trent and I just keep talking about how much we miss it!  We would definitely go back!  

A trip to Ireland was actually on my bucket list and I got to cross it off!  As silly as it sounds, it was purely due to seeing the movie "P.S. I Love You."  It just looked so beautiful and GREEN!

Now for the overwhelming task of blogging about it.  We actually got a new DSLR before the trip (a Canon Rebel t5i) and I honestly took over a thousand pictures while we were there.  So now I have to really sort through them and choose my favorites!  I can't promise anything though.  Some of these posts will probably have A LOT of pictures.  And I think it's easiest to just do a post for each day we were there.  So here it goes!

We spent the whole day Tuesday (the 25th) flying.  My mom, Amber, Jen, Trent, Aiden, and I flew out of Phoenix around 10:30 in the morning.  We flew across the country and met up with Amy, Jill, and Grandma in New Jersey a little after 6 p.m.  We were supposed to get on our flight to Dublin pretty much right away (around 7), but it got delayed and delayed again.  We finally left around 10 p.m.

Just hanging around waiting for the plane to arrive.


For weeks up until this trip I was so worried about traveling with Aiden.  I was honestly expecting the worst, but I honestly had nothing to worry about.  It was pretty much a breeze with all of my family there.  They were incredibly helpful with him.  Lucky for him, they all have iPhones, and an iPad here and there, so he got to play some new games and watch a lot of Sesame Street - his absolute favorite.  He was also able to sleep for a few hours, which would have never happened with us.  Aiden absolutely will not cuddle and sleep with us.  He thinks we're just there to play, play, play. Thankfully both Amy and Jen were able to snuggle him to sleep :) Thanks to them for all the help!!

After a long flight we finally made it to Dublin around 10 in the morning Wednesday.  We were all pretty out of it.

I did snap a few pictures on our taxi ride to our apartment.




Aiden monkey in his jammies.  He was such a little trooper the entire trip.


We loved the doors of Dublin.  I totally want a fun door when we get a house :)



Mom found us a fabulous little apartment that we got to stay in for the week.  We got there and basically everyone crashed for several hours.  Aiden was not having it though (plus his crib hadn't arrived yet), so Mom, Aiden, and I made our first trip out.  We walked down to a little grocery store and picked up some food.

That evening we went out to explore some and go to dinner.

We made a stop at the Concierge for suggestions.


Our little stud ;)


We ate at an Italian place, Milano's, and it really hit the spot :)

A neat bridge near our apartment.


Back at the apartment after dinner.


We loved the cute highchair they provided for Aiden :)




Probably seems like kind of a lame day, but we thought we better rest up.  Don't worry, we got out and had very productive days the rest of the time we were there ;)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got the T5i. I'm sure you love it. We are still trying to figure ours out :) But I love having a nice camera that takes great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we love it!! Thanks for your help! We miss you guys!

      Delete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)