Friday, July 5, 2013

The 4th

I love, love, love the 4th of July!  I like to think it has something to do with growing up minutes from D.C.  Nothing compares to D.C. on the 4th, but I love it no matter where I am, just maybe not nearly as much ;)

We had a nice relaxed day.  Started our day off at the pool!  We thought it would be packed, but we almost had the pool to ourselves :)


Sporting my patriotic suit :)


We worked on some of Aiden's swim skills while we were there.






We took it easy for several hours afterward and Aiden napped.  We were happy to have our 2 missing suitcases delivered (they didn't make it back with us when we got back from Ireland Tuesday.  One apparently went to Brazil..haha).

That evening we went over to Tanis and Kent's for a yummy BBQ.  I always love a good ol' BBQ on the 4th, especially when hot dogs and IBC root beer are involved :)  Thank you Tanis and Kent!

Had to get a picture by my flag wreath before we headed over.  It's probably my favorite wreath I've made.  


Always have to get a family picture on the 4th.  I kind of have to force Trent to wear red, white, and blue ;)  This one's a little out of focus, but I thought it was funny that Aiden was waving at the camera :)



I thought we'd try some sitting down...


...but Aiden was kind of over it.


I think this one is hilarious!  Aiden was trying to crawl over me, but I grabbed his legs to try to get him to stay, resulting in a handstand..haha.


And off he goes!


So we got one of just us.  Love the flowers in T & K's backyard :)


Jen came along to the BBQ with us.  She didn't really have plans and my family is off participating in the Hill Cumorah Pageant in New York.  

Playing frisbee with Aiden man.






This was the day when jetlag really seemed to hit us so we didn't really go anywhere to see fireworks.  Plus it was still like 100 degrees out :/  Normally I'd push for it, but we were all feeling pretty worn out.  I was telling Trent though, that if we're going to stay in Arizona, we may need to start going out of town for the 4th because I'd like to be able to lay out and watch fireworks and be comfortable. It's just too hot here!

We did catch some random fireworks here and there and would run outside with Aiden.


Aiden was okay at first, but seemed to get more scared the more they boomed.


Trent was not feeling good (had a headache), but he had a great view from the couch of some neighbors' fireworks through the front window :)


Saw a few more in the distance when we got home that evening.


Hope you all had a fabulous Independence Day.  I am so incredibly grateful for our freedoms and I sure am proud to be an American.  

3 comments:

  1. We loved having all of you with us. I was so glad Jennifer was able to come as well. Ever since I've known you I always think "I should get a patriotic outfit to wear for the 4th because I know Jess will. You are so patriotic and I love you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Thanks for letting come, even if we were all out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Aiden's handstand haha That cracks me up! I was out of it on the fourth as well. Stupid jet lag! Glad you had fun though :)-Jill

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)