Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby Girl's Sonograms :)

Here are some of the sonograms from December 11th when we found out we are having a baby GIRL!  I also put up 2 videos - they're super cute :)


Very exciting!!




Crazy how clear her hand was!



I love these videos because you can see she had the hiccups :)


In this one you can see her moving her hand/arm around in the back :)


I had another ultrasound at my last appointment (this last Wednesday, the 8th) because they wanted to get a closer look at her spine.  During my December 11th appt. the tech got the measurements and everything she wanted from the front, but then had me go "empty my bladder" (ha) in the hopes that baby girl would flip over so that she could check out her spine and count her vertebrae.  Well baby girl did not flip over, so lucky me (really!) got to have another ultrasound on Wednesday and she was in the perfect position to see her whole spine - yay!  Everything looks great!  It was a quick ultrasound and I didn't get any sonograms from it, but I was happy to see her again and confirm that she's still a girl..haha.

Also at this appointment I found out that the cord is around her neck. My doctor says this is pretty common and that there's nothing they can do about it, so it's nothing I should worry about it.  I am really hoping she unwinds herself (we have some good time left, right?!) because I would hate to have to have a C-section in the end :/  Come on baby girl!  Keep rolling around in there!

I have been absolutely terrible about documenting my pregnancy this time around, so I'm going to recap some things that have been going on.
  • During the first trimester, I craved pizza like CRAZY!!  Like I could've had pizza every. single. day.  I definitely still crave it here and there, but nothing like the first trimester.  That was basically the only craving I experienced.
  • I first felt baby girl moving, around 14 weeks.  It's crazy how much sooner I've been able to recognize things this time around.
  • Trent felt her kick around 21 weeks.  It would've been sooner if I had been better about telling him when she was moving.
  • I feel like this pregnancy has been beating me up (well just compared to with Aiden), I know it could be a lot worse.  It could be because now I have Aiden to take care of and run after and I can't be resting as much.  But this time around I have had terrible heartburn and indigestion.  Tums are my best friend, but they don't even cut it sometimes.  I have also been experiencing some bad round ligament pain in the last few weeks.  But again, I know it could all be worse.
  • Baby girl is very active and can be seen moving around from the outside.  In fact, Amber saw her kick today during Church..haha.  Also, it seems any time I have to pee she starts bouncing on my bladder like a trampoline. That sure makes me hurry to the bathroom!!
This bump picture is from the Sunday following Christmas.  On Christmas day I was 21 weeks.


Aiden was totally cracking us up because he kept jumping in the picture ;)


I am currently about 23 and a half weeks :)

3 comments:

  1. Such great sonogram photos. She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Girls are so fun and I'll bet Aiden will be the cutest and most attentive older brother :)
    I'm sorry you're dealing with crazy heartburn, though! Hopefully you can find a more effective pain relief...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched those sonograms over and over. I am so in love with her already! She just seems so beautiful to me. Thanks Jess for sharing those :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)