Thursday, February 27, 2014

30 Weeks


Yesterday marked 30-weeks of pregnancy, and I got to have another ultrasound!  They were specifically looking to see if baby girl's cord is still wrapped around her neck and it is NOT!  So that's good news! Now she's breech though (bum down instead of head down)..haha. Little stinker! Luckily we have several weeks, so hopefully she'll just keep moving around and get her head positioned down by the time I go into labor.  It was so fun to see her and the tech could already tell that she has a lot of hair!!  I was so surprised by that!  I never thought they could tell!  She also seems to be weighing in at about 3 pounds 8 ounces!  I can't believe how much more informative this tech has been than the one I had with Aiden.  It seriously amazes me! And it sounds like I'll get to have another ultrasound around 36 weeks!  What the heck?!  I only had 2 with Aiden and it sounds like I'll get to have FIVE with little missie!  Not that I'm complaining!  This pregnancy has sure been different than with Aiden, in lots of ways actually!

  • I've mentioned this before, but heartburn has been quite a bit worse this pregnancy, and I get crazy acid reflux :(  It'll come shooting up my throat (sorry to be graphic) and it seriously often wakes me up out of a dead sleep at night.  I finally decided to try something besides Tums (my doctor gave me a whole list of pregnancy-approved medications) and Zantac seems to help much more.
  • I've also been struggling more with low blood pressure.  I guess during pregnancy your blood pressure drops anyway, but mine gets to the point where I often feel like I may pass out.  This is something I've struggled with my whole life, but particularly during this pregnancy.  It happens most often right after I've showered, but it happened the other day while I was driving, which really freaked me out.  I thought I was going to pass out behind the wheel.  I seriously was just about ready to pull over, but I was in Tanis's neighborhood so I knew I could at least make it to her house to drop off Aiden. She actually has a blood pressure cuff at home and took my BP and it was like 79/52 which is really low.  I asked about it at the doctor's yesterday and I guess mine averages like 90 for systolic (top #) and I can't remember my diastolic, so it is naturally pretty low.  Anyway, the doctor said to make sure I keep up on my fluid intake and small snacks and maybe consider an iron supplement.
I actually can't think of anything else that I haven't mentioned before, but just all-in-all this pregnancy feels quite a bit different than with Aiden.

I am getting very excited to meet our baby girl though, and a bit anxious/nervous, naturally :)

This may seem a little off topic, but it has to do with big brother ;)  I had to get this picture of Aiden sleeping the other night because it reminded me of how he'd sleep with his arms above his head when he was just a newborn :)  I must be feeling a little bit nostalgic.  I just can't believe Aiden won't be our baby anymore.  Makes me a little sad, but excited at the same time for him to have a sibling :)




2 comments:

  1. You are a great pregnant woman! You look wonderful, they baby is growing beautifully, and big brother is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)