Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Santa Monica Pier

January 17th

Well I said I'd finish posting about our LA Girl's Trip and here I am finally doing it ;)  So far I've only posted about our first day, January 16th, on the Ellen Show HERE.  The next day, Friday, the 17th, we spent much of the day at the Santa Monica Pier.  It was a beautiful day and we decided to rent bikes and ride along for a little bit.  Seems like a popular/touristy thing to do ;)

The classic ferris wheel shot.



Jill, Jen, myself, Meg, and Jordan.



And Amy and Bryn.



There were some fun homes!




We decided to just rent the bikes for an hour and I think we all agreed that that was just perfect.  That's really all we needed.  Then we grabbed some lunch at a food court.  Afterward we headed back down to the beach for a little bit.




The water was cold!  Notice Jen and Jordan's faces when the tide came in ;)


Sissies ;)


Candid :)


Jordan is due at the beginning of April with a baby boy, so we are almost exactly a month apart!  At this point Jordan was 28 weeks and I was 24.  Now she's 36 and I'm 32!!



Someone lost their balloons.


Don't know what we were thinking when we didn't bring our suits :/


Twinners.



That evening we had a reservation at Pizzeria Mozza.  I had an old article ripped out with good pizza places in the U.S. and this was on there, so we thought we'd try it out.


Jen and I shared the Bianca (white pizza).  I had been reading reviews a few weeks prior and people raved about the Fried Squash Blossoms w/ Ricotta for an appetizer and the Butterscotch Budino, Sea Salt & Rosemary Pine Nut Cookies for dessert, so I knew I wanted to try both of those, along with our pizza that night.  It was all very tasty :)

Jordan and I shared the Butterscotch Budino.  I know, totally dorky to take a picture with our food ;)  And clearly we got some sun ;)


We headed back to our hotel to get comfy, but were feeling a little lame, especially since the night before we called it a night around 7. So we decided to hop back in the van (ha!) and try to find a lookout point for the Hollywood sign.  We were using someone's phone to navigate, but there was some private party going on and the street was blocked off, so we ended up taking a twisty, turny detour up, up, up. We had no idea where we were going, but we kept driving and were noticing tons of cars and people headed somewhere.  We pulled into a parking spot, that just happened to be the very closest to the entrance, but we still didn't know where we were..haha.  Turns out we ended up at the Griffith Observatory and admission is free!! We were cracking up!  So we totally took advantage!  We felt a little silly because most of us were in pajamas/sweats and it seemed like a lot of people were there for date night.  Nonetheless we enjoyed the view!


The best shot I could get of the Hollywood sign - it was dark!



Amy and Bryn looking out.



As we drove back down the slope we happened upon a pack of wolves roaming - it was really creepy!  Anyway, it was a fun little adventure and then we were back to the hotel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)