Tuesday, December 2, 2014

3 Year Stats

So man, I'm finally getting around to posting Aiden's 3 year stats.  We went to his appt. on the 20th and he weighed in at 30.6 pounds (38th percentile).  He is measuring right at about 3 feet (36.5 inches), which is in the 33rd percentile.  It was so interesting, our pediatrician says that if he stays on this growth curve, he'll probably end up being about 5'10''.  That does seem accurate because Trent is just under 5'11", but, for Aiden's sake, we're hoping he ends up a little taller ;)  It will be so crazy to see what ends up happening in the next 15ish years!

Aiden actually didn't have to get any shots, until our pediatrician strongly encouraged flu shots for both kids.  I don't normally bother with flu shots, but she said it would really be a good idea this year since Janie's just a baby.  I guess a lot of babies that get the flu end up in the hospital :(  So once our doctor left, I had to break the news to Aiden before the nurse came back in to give it.  He was very nervous, but I kept reminding him of a book we've been reading, and Daniel Tiger, who both get shots.  He did great.  I think it helped that Janie had to get one too ;)  And that they gave him a sucker afterward.

I had him show off his bandaid proof before he got in the bath that night.


  • It is seriously amazing how well Aiden speaks.  I think it really floors people.  So many kids his age are not speaking nearly as much, or as well, as he does.  Here's a little video I got of him the night before his birthday :)
  • I mentioned in his birthday post that he'd memorized a whole book that we got from the library, so we ended up buying it for his birthday.  We took it up to Utah for Thanksgiving because I was hoping he'd show off his skills for everyone. He can be pretty shy so I didn't know if he'd actually do it, but he totally did!  And it wasn't just my sisters around, a bunch of my cousins were there as well.  They were all dying!  They all cheered when he was done and you could tell he was so proud :)  I really need to get a good video of it.  He's such a little smartie!
  • So I hate to even write this one because Aiden's actually had a really good week, but it seems like everyone had always told me "it's not the terrible twos, it's the terrible THREES."  And we can now attest to that.  Seriously, it was a like a week before his birthday that the tantrums started :/ He probably only averages about one good tantrum a day, but like I said, this last week it was even less than that.  He really is still the sweetest little guy most to the time :)
  • Likewise, he is also having a terrible time sharing lately.  He watches Janie like a hawk and won't let her touch any. of. his. stuff.  Lots of times though, he's really good about hurrying to grab one of her toys and will give that to her instead.  Lately he also seems to get kind of jealous when we're giving Janie attention, particularly if Daddy is.  Trent will make Janie do all of kinds of funny things, like dance, and then Aiden will say, "My turn, my turn" and will get pretty upset if Trent doesn't react quick enough..haha.
  • Probably factoring into the last two bullets, Aiden has kind of phased out of taking naps.  I still try to encourage him to take one every day - we'll do our typical routine of reading a few books and then he'll lie down and I always hope he'll fall asleep, but usually after about 5 minutes he'll come sneaking out and find me..haha.
  • We got him all potty trained during the day in August.  He is doing awesome and never has accidents. We're still working on bedtime though.  We always put him in a diaper.  He goes through phases and sometimes he'll have a week or two where he'll consistently wake up dry, but then other weeks he'll wake up completely saturated.  So if anyone has any tricks, send them my way ;)
  • Over the last year he'll either avidly try to avoid the camera OR he'll cheese it up.  A normal smile is hard to come by..ha.  Lately he's been cheesin' it ;)
This was from my birthday :)

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't think of much else.  And I don't really have any pictures of Aiden that I haven't already posted. But here are some recent pics of him sleeping.  You know how much I love those ;)
  • These pics actually made me think of another point!  A few months ago Aiden made the connection that we use pillows and that he didn't have one.  He kept trying to take Trent's to his bed, so Trent found him his own.  You'll notice him lying on the pillow in two of the pictures, but sometimes he still pushes it to the side.



Propped way up there ;)

2 comments:

  1. So Tess is totally in undies day and night, BUT Liam (my 5 year old) still wakes up wet. I've talked to my dr about this and he consistently tells me there is NOTHING you can do to make him dry at night. His pituitary gland needs to be developed enough for his muscles to be able to hold his bladder for that long. There's no reason to fret. He'll just start waking up dry eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely my very favorite 3 year old! I love how you catch all his different expressions and moods in these photos :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)