Friday, December 12, 2014

7 months

Our little love turned 7 months while we were in Utah.  2 weeks ago today actually.  I'm a bit behind..ha.  No check-up this month so I'll get right to it!
  • Biggest news is that Miss Janie is finally crawling!  I don't say this because I was anxious for it or anything, but she had been trying for so long.  It actually just happened in the last few days, so technically I should be putting it in her 8 month post, but oh well!  Somehow I completely forgot to mention in her 6 month post that she was wanting to crawl, but all she could do was scoot backwards.  She'd even back herself under things and get stuck..ha.  And she'd plank all the time!  It was/is so stinking cute!


Stuck under her bed.


She backed herself between the two chairs and got stuck..ha.


Plank.  Love her.


And here's video of Miss Jane on the go!  No more backward scooting for her!  Like I said, she only just started over the last few days, so she's still trying to get the rhythm ;)

  • I mentioned last month that she got her two front bottom teeth, so one night I decided I was going to get a pic.  It took several tries.
Here are some of the outtakes ;)

You can actually see them in this one, but I wanted to try for a few more.


Haha. I turned off the flash for this one.


Didn't get my finger out of the way enough.


If you click on this pic to see it bigger, you can see her teeth :)

  • She's doing better with eating, not that I was worried about it or anything, but now (in the last week or two) she'll actually open her mouth.  So she likes sweet potatoes after all!  Yay! We're still taking it pretty slow though.  Some nights we don't even bother with solids, but now that she's actually showing an interest we'll try to make it a daily thing. 
  • She's starting to play at the park along with Aiden ;)  She swung for the first time and loved it!  We stopped at the park on a whim as we were driving by one day, so I only had my old phone to take pictures, but I still had to document Miss Janie's first time swinging :)

Then I helped her down the slide.  She is pure joy!


I let her sit in the sand/dirt afterward and she was totally intrigued..ha.


We went again about a week later, so I got some clearer pictures. She loves it!



Here's a little video :)


  • We are now bathing Miss Jane Jane in the big bath.  Aiden was not happy about this at first (he thought it was HIS bath), but now I can't keep him out when I go to bathe Janie..haha.
So I decided to give Janie her very first bath on a Sunday morning before Aiden had woken up.


He woke up during said bath and was not happy Janie was in his bathtub.


Love her sidewards glance in this photo ;)  She was getting used to the feeling of having her ears under the water :)



Miss Janie is such a happy girl and makes any person feel like a million bucks when she gives them her humongous smile!  We just adore her.

Here are some more pictures from her 6th month.

I love how tiny Janie looks when Trent's holding her :)


Matching in orange.


I realized I haven't ever posted Janie's nursery here, but I'm not completely satisfied with it yet. And I don't think we'll even end up finishing it before we move again..haha.  Life's busy with 2 kids!  I don't know how anyone keeps up with more than 2!  Anyway, I do love how her dresser/changing table turned out with the fabulous sign I scored from Jaxn Blvd.  If you can't tell, it says "little bitty pretty one."  Perfect description of our Janie ;)



Love this picture of the kiddos :)


Janie and I were opposites one day at the beginning of November.


Playing with Dad :)


I can't take it.  She's just so pretty.







Our little love sleeping.




2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to watch your little family grow! Sounds like everyone in the Knuckles Clan is doing very well! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie is sooo photogenic!! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)