Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving in Draper

We got home Sunday night from such a great Thanksgiving in Utah at Amy and Richard's.  I had been fretting the 10+ hour drive with 2 kids in our little Passat for months, but they were little angel babies. Seriously, they were happy like 3/4 of the time and I completely understood, the rest of the time they just wanted to get out, like any normal child :)  We drove up Wednesday, the 26th, with my parents and Amber.  My mom and I thought it would be good to caravan, and I kept mentioning how we may stick Aiden in the van with them some of the time so that I could more easily get in the back with Janie when she got fussy.  Well, the men (Trent and my dad) were the first drivers, and literally, within the first half hour, they had split off from each other..ha.  We got back together in Flagstaff and Aiden rode with them for maybe an hour and a half, then we all stopped for lunch and we didn't see my parents and Amber again until we got to Amy and Richard's..ha.  But I understand, it's tricky to caravan and not get frustrated with one another.  And we were obviously the slow car because we have two young children.

We were so happy when we arrived at Amy and Richard's around 7:30 that night.  And I had to pee like I never have before..haha.  We immediately realized that most of us dressed in the same-ish color that day!  Me, Trent, and Aiden totally didn't mean too, and Amber actually pointed it out to us earlier in the day :)

Matchy matchy :)


We took it easy that night.  Poor Janie was pretty out of sorts that evening.  I think the long car ride had finally gotten to her :(  

We finally got to meet Amy and Richard's puppies.  Aiden really grew to love them during our trip :)  

Here's Prince.



The next day was Thanksgiving!  Jill, Jen, Amber, and my mom had spent the night at Jill's so that we could divide and conquer in two different kitchens.  We all had our individual assignments.  I got off easy and only had to do the cranberry sauce, and I got it done first thing in the morning so that I could get out of the kitchen.

We all regrouped around 1:30 and ate soon after.


Love her gorgeous blue eyes :)


Aiden became best buds with Jackson and Prince :)


Final touches before eating.



Don't be fooled, she's not crawling yet...


...but she really wants to be ;)


Working on the puzzle before we all sat down.


The girls waiting patiently ;)


Sisters.


Adorable.


Our little fam.


It was all delicious!  Thanks to Richard for doing the turkey.  I would venture to say that was the hardest assignment ;)

We got all cleaned up and played Prize, a tradition my family picked up several years ago.


Aiden was pretty excited about all of the presents ;)


In short, you can only open a present or steal if you roll PRIZE.


We all cracked up when he rolled them like this :)


We kind of crack up because this seems like kind of a greedy game to play on Thanksgiving, but luckily my mom keeps all of the presents to about a dollar. Thank you Target dollar section ;)

Then we had some time to just relax for a bit.



Oh Janie, she loves the phone.





The puppies took every opportunity they could to kiss Miss Janie..haha.  She did not love it by the end of our stay.


Our happy girl!


Aiden absolutely loves that Uncle Richard will play with him :)


That evening we got to see a whole bunch more family who came for dessert.  I really didn't get hardly any pictures because I was pretty occupied with Janie (she was pretty nervous with so many new faces) and I am bummed as always :/  The Clark's came and Rick, Eve, Dan, Meg and Adam.  It was so fun to see them all!

Aiden fell asleep at the table for a little bit.


We did make sure to snap a pic with Meg before they headed out.  She is pregnant with her first, due at the beginning of May :) :)


I love this one of Meg laughing :)  Amy was pinching her bum..haha.


An after pic ;)


I thought this was a sweet picture with Aunt Jen :)


It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We have much to be thankful for, more than we probably deserve, but I am oh so grateful.

Stay tuned for the rest of our trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)