Monday, June 21, 2010

Hermana Livingston

So I've been meaning to write this post since Thursday, but have been finishing up my final internship notebook, which, by the way, is all turned in! Yay! Relief! My internship and the final notebook was the very last thing I had to do to finish college, and we walked in April, so now I am officially DONE!

Anyway, this last Thursday I decided to make cookies for a good friend, Jessie Livingston, who is in the MTC (stands for Missionary Training Center - I'm sure anybody who is reading this knows that, but just in case!). She was called to serve in San Diego, Spanish speaking. Back in March I wrote a post about Devil's Food Cake Cookies and Jessie tried them out and just loved them, so I made those for her. So Thursday morning I whip up the cookies and am all excited to go drop them off for her, wishing I could be there when she received them. After running several errands, Trent and I finally made our way to the MTC to drop them off at the front desk. Well it turns out, they do not allow for deliveries to be made at the front desk anymore. Trent said while he was in the MTC people would drop off freshly baked food all the time. Frustration! Luckily they said we could have them sent for free through UPS, but we had already missed the final delivery time of 2:30.

Fast forward to Friday afternoon. I was working on my internship notebook so Trent agreed to drop off the cookies at UPS. About an hour and a half later Trent walks in the door and I ask him how it went? He says, "Not so good" and that he had locked himself out of the car. He didn't have his cell phone with him so he couldn't call me, we only have one car anyway, so he walked all the way home! That's a good 3.5 miles and it was a pretty warm day. A few hours later Trent revealed that while he was walking home he got "dive-bombed" like 3 times by a bird. I was laughing so hard picturing this! Apparently the bird was trying to protect something! We both had to laugh and think, "If only Jessie knew what we had to go through to deliver her those cookies :)"

1 comment:

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)