Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Cancun Story!

Our week in Cancun, aka Paradise, began the night before we flew out, when Trent and I went out for Chinese. This was my fortune!


Crazy, huh?! Here is what our week consisted of:
  • A spa day, which included a body scrub, massage, pedicure, and facial. And yes, Trent came with me! It was quite nice!
  • Parasailing. This was the day, Monday (one of our first days), that we all got terribly burnt! My legs got the worst. My poor legs! My left leg got more burnt than my right leg, and my mom thinks I may have gotten sun poisoning b/c my left ankle swelled. I never thought I would see the day when I had cankles, but for the rest of the week I had a cankle! It was quite funny! Luckily my legs are healing and now they're peeling like crazy! They look pretty gross.
  • Renting a yacht for a day. That was definitely one of the highlights of my trip (don't get me wrong though..I loved every minute I was in Cancun..except for burning my poor legs..and maybe the humidity during the day). The yacht stopped for a little bit so that we could go snorkeling.
  • Speed boats. They had what they called a jungle tour (I don't know why they called it that b/c there was no jungle) where we all got to pair off and ride in a little speed boat. With these, we also stopped for snorkeling, but it wasn't as good.
  • And of course, the basics like laying out, swimming in the pool, shopping (I got a pretty silver bracelet while I was there), playing Bang-Bang with Gram, eating, etc.
It was good times I tell ya! Here are some pictures. I have a lot more if you want to see them on my Facebook page.

The first thing we noticed when we got to our room was the window in our shower looking out on the beach! How funny! We could pull a curtain down if we so chose..haha!



A night walk on the beach :)


At the pool


On our balcony! Look at that view!


Trent, myself, Jen, and Thane. Oh I forgot to mention that the Clark's (my cousins) and my grandma were also there :)

Us on the beach

My family on the beach, minus a sister, Jill, and my dad. My dad just wasn't ever around for the pictures and Jill couldn't make it because of school (we had been to Cancun before so she didn't feel so bad about missing it, but we missed her).

My family laying out in the shade :)

I always think Monday's are kind of rough, but they're especially rough after such a wonderful trip. Monday was kind of hard, but now that it's Thursday we're back into our regular routines. It's funny to think that a week ago we had spent the day on a yacht :)

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! What an awesome trip! I love the photos! Especially that header photo you now have. That has to be framed!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)