Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I miss playing the piano!

I played the piano from 2nd grade all the way through high school. I like to think I got pretty good and I really miss it. Whenever I visit my parents, I'll sit down for a little bit and try playing, usually just hymns, and I am so rusty. It's kind of frustrating because I put quite a bit of work into it growing up. Anyway, the last few weeks I've listened to Jon Schmidt's "Pachelbel meets U2" a few times and I've decided one day Trent and I will purchase a piano for our home. Right now it's probably just a far off dream, but I can dream, right?! I'm excited that we'll be moving down to Arizona so that for at least the next several years I can use my parents' piano.

Here is Jon Schmidt's "Pachelbel meets U2" (it's just the music, there's no video). If you haven't heard it, I hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. i saw him perform this in Ogden a few summers back. he is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica! We are so alike in some ways! I have played the piano forever as well and I'm a little rusty myself but I guess playing in relief society helps keep my practice going ;) Anyway, I also LOVE Canon in D, as well as U2 so hearing this was amazing! Thanks for sharing that! Hope you're doing well! We should do something before you leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel just like you - I really miss playing the piano. I was just thinking about this today while up at my sister-in-laws, I sat down and played her piano for a good half an hour and it was so relaxing. I decided I need to start scheduling time in during my weeks to go play somewhere on campus...it's therapeutic. :-)
    How soon do you guys move???

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)