Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Scotcheroos

We have a friend, Spenser. My cousin Andrew lives with Spenser in Arlington Place Town Homes (where Trent and I live) and it's been so fun to have them close, especially if we ever need an ingredient, or flashlights when our power randomly goes out..haha. Most recently we needed to borrow Spenser's truck to go pick up our couch that my cousin and her husband were keeping at their place while we've lived here (this place came almost fully furnished). Anyway, I wanted to make Spenser a little treat to let him know we appreciate him, and that we're not just using him, so we decided on Scotcheroos. Well, I got up this morning around 9:15 and Trent had already made them..haha! He is so funny! I love that he truly enjoys baking :)

I made Trent take this picture! Doesn't he look happy?!


After we dived in! So delish!


I thought I would put the recipe up for any of you who don't have it. I actually got this recipe from my cousin Michelle, Andrew's sister :)

1. Pre-measure 6 scant C. (a little under full) of rice krispies
2. Pre-measure 1 C. peanut butter
3. On med-high heat cook 1 C. sugar and 1 C. light karo syrup. As soon as it starts to boil, remove from heat. DO NOT let it come to a rolling boil.
4. Add peanut butter and mix
5. Add rice krispies and mix
6. Pour into 9x13" pammed pan, wet hands to prevent sticking and press into pan
7. Cover with 1 C. butterscotch chips and 1 C. chocolate chips, put in oven at 350, JUST long enough to melt chips (just takes a few minutes for them to get soft enough to spread). Then spread and cool.

Hope you like them :)

2 comments:

  1. I love, Love, LOVE these things!!! mmmm!!! We call them ooey-gooeys (the ey makes an EEE sound) but somehow your name sounds a little better... So delicious! :D Hope all is going well with moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    I didn't know you had a blog!!! I lov ereading people's blogs. It's a bit of an addiction! I'll be adding you to my blogroll ASAP! You two are just the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)