Friday, February 4, 2011

Music Memories

I love music! This morning I was getting ready and listening to music. I usually listen to my music on iTunes DJ because it shuffles my music. I love seeing what song pops up next :) It's funny how you often associate certain songs with certain things. Sometimes a song brings back a specific memory. Two songs came on this morning that were like that for me and totally had me dancing :)

First, "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root. I love this song! This one doesn't bring back a specific memory, but it always makes me think of "Ice Age" and "Matilda". Good movies! Here's their music video (I just watched it for the first time). It's an interesting video..haha!



The other song was "I'm Shakin'" by Rooney. Most of you know that I have a twin sister, a sister a year younger (11 months actually!) and another sister a year younger than her. So for my junior and senior year all 4 of us were in high school together! SO fun! One of our good friends Jessie Livingston burned us a c.d. either my junior or senior year and it was a c.d. that we'd often pop in after seminary on our way to school. This was one of the songs on it. This song will forever remind me of being in the car with my sisters :) Fun times for sure!

Here's the music video for it. Nothing too exciting!


I'm sure I'll do more posts in the future with music that brings back great memories :)

P.S. Shout out to my dad! It's his birthday today :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! We're going to celebrate a little later! Love you Dad!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica! The Rusted Root song totally gets me going on my work outs! LOVE IT! Hope you're doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I didn't know your younger sister is so close in age!!?! I bet you girls had so much fun but did you parents ever go a little crazy?! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)