Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Valentine's Wreath!

I am home sick from church today. Not only is my nose running like a faucet, but I'm on my period. No fun, no fun at all.

But enough of that. This is supposed to be a happy post because, guess what! I just hung up my Valentine's wreath!! Haha, I know it's almost a week past Valentine's, but I made this wreath and it took a whole lot longer than I thought it would. I discovered the tutorial for this wreath through a friend back in January and just knew I was going to make one for myself! Is it not gorgeous?!

One of the reasons I wasn't quite able to get my wreath done before Valentine's Day is because we couldn't find plain red cardstock anywhere. We could only find cardstock in multi-colored packs so there'd be like 10 pieces of red and then a bunch of other colors that I obviously didn't need. I finally just had to order online from Jo-Ann's and then it took TWO whole weeks to get here. I couldn't believe it! I knew then that this wreath was not going to be ready by Valentine's.

But that's okay. It's done now and I love it! Oh and the name of the color of my cardstock is Raspberry Splash! Isn't that fun?!

Here are all of my supplies before I got started (and knew what I was getting myself into..haha)


I have to admit that when I first started rolling my roses, and they weren't turning out the way they look in the tutorial, I was definitely frustrated. Luckily I got the hang of it! And it was fun to be able to pop in a movie while I was rolling.

Rolling yet another rose..haha. It was definitely tedious at times. Towards the end though, Trent jumped in! And I swear his roses turned out better than mine. What the?!

Sorry I don't have any other pictures. Trent was assigned to take candids, but was pretty sick during the week I worked on this. The only thing I did differently from the tutorial was that I waited to spray the adhesive and sprinkle the glitter until the very end. I thought it was easier that way.

And my final product!

What do you think?! I'm in love with it! And trust me, even though it's past Valentine's Day, this wreath is staying up for at least the rest of the month, if not longer!

7 comments:

  1. ok 1. i saw that and thought HOW cute, but saw the tuturiol and figured i would never finish. Then 2. i tried making a 'spring wreath' and tried to hang it with my wreath hanger - didn't hang. So i gave up on making wreaths all together. 3. i looked at what you used! What is it exactly? so smart. I need to get one so i can start making wreaths again (i made a cute one last spring but it started to fall apart when we moved so i had to chuck it.) anywho. could you message me on facebook and tell me what that hook is/where you got it? Thanks! it looks so cute! ps. hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, it's really cute! Looks very time consuming, but worth it in the end :) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!! I am going to go make one now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute!!! I love it, you are so crafty these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty!! Looks so time consuming! But turned out so nice. I hope I have patience to do something like this someday... Someday..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we lived by each other! This seems like something I would do- only I don't think I would end up finishing it! Props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really beautiful. I love Valentines's Day
    decortions a lot so I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)