Saturday, November 12, 2011

Just a day, just an ordinary day

Thursday, the 10th, was my 24th birthday and it was "just a day, just an ordinary day", as my title says (cue Vanessa Carlton - love that song!).  I was telling Trent that this was the first year that my birthday felt like that.  The day and night before, Trent kept saying things like, "Tomorrow's a big day!" And I'd be like, "Why?"  And he'd say, "Well you're turning 24!"  I honestly kept forgetting that it was my birthday the next day!  I think it's just because I've had so many other things on my mind, predominately BABY!

Also, all growing up my dad never got too excited about his birthday, and when it would come he'd say that it was just any other day.  This was the first year that I understood where he was coming from.

Don't get me wrong though, it was a good day.  I got to babysit sweet Briley, who I've been watching on Thursdays and Fridays for a few months now. She's about 8-months-old and at just the cutest age.  She is such a content and easy baby so I was excited I got to play with her from 9-2 (unfortunately I don't have any cute pictures of her)!

My mom stopped by while Briley was over with flowers and a gift, and stayed a little while :)  She helped me get 2 loads of baby's laundry done, which was awesome because I was being kind of slow about doing it.  I just needed a little push :)

Trent got home from subbing around 3 or so and I hadn't had lunch yet.  He was going to make us our favorite homemade pizza (which I've been meaning to post the recipe for), but our yellow pepper was moldy inside :( So instead we ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut, stuffed crust of course :)  A little later Trent went off to pick up my gifts.  He has been SO busy and hadn't had time to do it any other time. 

While he was gone a sweet sister from the ward came by with a big birthday cookie for me (she's the one that did the cookies for my baby shower)!  It was a nice surprise and so tasty :)

With the flowers from my mom and my giant birthday cookie! 


Trent got home and I honestly had just a few minutes to open my gifts, and then we were off to our final 3 hour childbirth class from 6:30-9:30!  We learned a lot and worked more on our "hee-hee-hee-who" breathing and I didn't laugh as much this week..haha.  It was definitely a helpful class for us both!  We are ready to deliver this baby ;)

Since I didn't get to see any of my family (except Mom) on my birthday, we all went out last night to eat at the Cheesecake Factory.  Jen (twin) and I both got to open our gifts together and our waiter brought us out mini sundaes!


Mom, Jen, and Jill came over to our place afterward to check out the progress on our nursery (it's looking good!) and do a final load of laundry for the baby -- towels, wash clothes, burp clothes, etc.  We also sterilized the pacifiers we have.  Getting all ready!

Then this evening Tanis and Kent treated Trent and I to P.F.Chang's for my birthday!  So I actually got to spread my birthday over a few days :)  And then Trent and I did a little shopping.  We're thinking that will likely be our last shopping trip (besides baby shopping) before baby comes!  It was so good and fun to be out together, just the 2 of us.  It seems like it's been a while!

Thank you to everyone for all of the sweet birthday wishes!


P.S. At my appt. on Wednesday I found out that I'm now 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced!  I am SO curious when this baby's going to decide to come!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jessica! You are going to be such a cute mom! Praying that everything goes well with the birth and that both mom and baby are healthy! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for bdays! Talking about all that laundry makes me nervous--I'm actually doing a load of baby clothes this week to try and get ahead of the curve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess I seriously think about you everyday. I can't wait to see when Baby Boy makes his grand entrance! It's so exciting! Good luck the next FEW days :)
    -Tiersha

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)