Monday, November 7, 2011

My Baby Shower :)

This last Saturday was my long-awaited baby shower!  And it turned out so great!  I only really got pictures before the guests came.

Trent (he had just come from a ward service project) and I behind the food table (that was still being set up).  

We picked up those canvases from a cute boutique in downtown Mesa back after our first ultrasound when we found out we were having a boy, but kept it a secret from our family for several more weeks :)  They have been the basis for our nursery theme.  And check out the adorable cake! Everyone was so impressed!


A close-up.  Tanis (Trent's mom) has a very talented friend, huh?!


After Amber, Jill, and Jen showed up :)


The cute favors :)



 A close-up.  A sister in the ward, who is known for her cookies, made them for us!  Delicious!


With my beautiful mom :)
  
On the left is the crib quilt from our bedding and a diaper cake (it didn't photograph very well).  On the right is the beautiful Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag my mom got for us and also the baby blanket she and Amber made for us!  I'm so excited about all of it!

The three hostesses and I at the very end.  Nicole McBeth, who offered up her beautiful home, my mother-in-law, Tanis, and of course, my mom :) They all made for a beautiful shower!  Thank you so much ladies!


We felt pretty spoiled when we headed home with all of our gifts.  I know this picture just looks like a mess..haha.  Most of the gifts are packed into all of the bags.  We are SO grateful for all of our family and friends and their generosity, love, and support!  We feel very blessed!


And my 37-week bump with a glimpse at the non-cluttered side of our nursery.  It still needs a lot of work, but we're excited with how it's coming together :)

You can see our new glider in this picture!  We were absolutely floored when Trent's second-cousins purchased our glider and had it delivered to us!  Trent can attest to how excited I was!  We never expected anyone to get it for us back when we registered for it. Again, we are SO grateful for such loving family and friends!

The shower was wonderful and now we are feeling pretty much ready to meet our little boy!  Our car seat should be coming in today (thank goodness!) and then we just wait for this little guy to make his debut!  Last Wednesday I was 1.5 cm dilated so we're hoping that's a good sign and that he'll come a little early.  We'll see my progress again on Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. Jess, you look beautiful! Love all of the pictures! It sounds like your shower went so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING! Wish I could've been to your shower :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Jessica your shower looked like a ton of fun and sooo cute..wish I could of been there! So I am really into making car-seat canopy's (if you don't know what they are you can look it up online)...anyways would you like me to make you one for a baby gift? They are really nice because they keep the sun, rain, and anything else you can think of out of the car- seat. Any preference on color or theme of the material?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! You are such a cute little pregnant lady! I cannot believe you will be meeting your little boy soon... that went by fast... at least for me! Nov. 16th is a great day (my little girl's b-day) haha, I will be hoping for that! I am glad things are going well for you and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap!?! You're getting so close!! I can't wait to see what Baby Boy Knuckles is going to look like! Gorgeous, of course :)

    Good luck with everything from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you are all ready for him to come! Can't wait to see some pics! p.s. you will LOVE your glider!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)