Friday, December 28, 2012

A Merry Little Christmas

It was a fun Christmas this year with Aiden.  Last year I just remember being really tired (Aiden was just a month old)..haha.

Aiden sat on Santa's lap last week at our ward Christmas party, but really didn't seem too interested.  He just wanted to get down and move on..haha.


Couldn't forget his candy ;)


We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' and had dinner followed by our annual Christmas Eve program (reading of the Christmas story and singing of hymns).  I didn't get a single picture.  With all of my sisters wanting pictures on their cameras, it usually just seems monotonous to get mine out too.  Whoops.  I'll try to be better.  We each opened a gift before we headed home.  

Aunt Amy got Aiden this mustache pacifier. Too funny!


We put Aiden to bed and put together his Christmas gift - a trike!


Trent and I woke up around 8 and opened our stockings and Aiden woke up around 8:15.  Here is video of him coming out to the Christmas tree.


Aiden was completely enamored with his trike so I had to get another video :)


I'm a little bummed that the trike is too big.  I think I saw a smaller one a few months back, but it was gone when we went to buy it.  He'll grow into it!

It was fun to just spend some time as our little family before we headed to my family's for a little bit.

Aiden is always the complete center of attention and always gets the most gifts..haha.


He got a cute little wagon from Aunt Amber that matches his new trike.


And then my camera died.  Dang.  Lesson learned for next year - charge the camera battery before Christmas morning.

We spent the rest of the day with Trent's family just relaxing.

I can't believe Christmas is already over.  I love the joy this season brings. I am so grateful for the birth of my Savior and His perfect example. And now that I'm a mom I can't help but think of Mary at this time of year and the humble circumstances in which she had her sweet baby. I am so grateful for her obedience and strength.

3 comments:

  1. I really like seeing your Christmas as a family in your home. You get great videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a trike! what a cute idea. and babies make the holidays so much more fun/interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The videos of Aiden and his trike are so cute! He is going to love it! Looks like you guys had the most amazing Christmas- so glad to hear!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)