Saturday, December 8, 2012

12 months

I'm finally getting Aiden's 12-month post up.  I've been sick this last week, so it's been on my to-do list all week.

Aiden turned 1 on November 17th.  You can check out his birthday party post here :)  We went in for his 12-month appt. last week and he weighed 20 pounds 10 oz. (25th percentile) and is 29 inches long (50th).  As Dr. Laks got up to leave, Aiden spontaneously started waving "bye bye" (he does it all the time lately) with a very serious look on his face, as if he was shooing her away.  It totally cracked us up. He has learned he does not like the doctor's office.  He had to get 3 vaccines - 1 in each leg and 1 in his arm.  I was feeling so bad because he was sick at the time.

Here is what Aiden's been up to in the last month (and a half since I'm behind):
  • Aiden is full on walking.  All he wants to do is walk.  He took the most steps we'd seen on Halloween (you can see the video here). The only time we see him crawl anymore is when we're chasing him and he falls down and knows it'll take too long to get back up :)
  • He has 8 teeth (4 on top, 4 on bottom) and a molar coming in.
  • He loves to drag anything with straps or handles all around behind him.

  • It's hard to keep him seated when I'm pushing him around in a cart during errands.  He's always trying to grab things off the shelves.
It's a little blurry b/c they were moving.  I don't normally let him do this, but we were both watching and moving slow.  I think I'll start putting him in the bigger part of the cart since it's deeper.

  • He loves the shower.  We brought him into the shower with us a few times while he was sick to help clear up his congestion and now he always wants to come in.  Just this morning he tried to climb in the shower with me fully clothed!
  • He went through a phase where he'd lift the toilet lid and stick his hands in.  And it was usually in our bathroom while I was busy trying to get ready.  We ended up getting a toilet lock.
Caught in the act!

  • He laughs when we laugh.  It's so cute.  And he loves to be tickled. He puts himself in positions and just waits for us to tickle him :)
  • He is becoming more and more independent.
On this day (it was actually his birthday!) he wandered off and I just found him in his room quietly reading books :)

  • He still loves to crawl into small spaces.



  • He loves to drink out of a glass and loves it even more if we let him do it himself.  He usually ends up pretty wet!
  • This is weird, but Aiden will not let us have blankets.  Like when I cover myself in a blanket he always comes over and rips it off.  It's really annoying when I'm cold.  He usually just throws it on the floor and goes about what he was doing, but if I try to put it back on he immediately comes over and takes it off again..haha.  I'm laughing while typing this because we just don't get it!
  • This one seems a little similar to the last one.  We have a 5-disc DVD player, and pretty much any time we're trying to watch a movie Aiden goes up to the player and changes the disc and walks away.  I guess he doesn't like when we watch movies?  Maybe he's just doing these things to get our attention?!
  • He still runs over to the dishwasher whenever we open it.  In fact, he has learned to open it himself, so now we'll probably have to just keep it locked whenever we put it up.


  • He is now a whole milk drinker!  Yay!
  • Our house is just a constant mess.  We swear that Aiden sees us picking things up (cleaning up) and follows behind us and takes them right back out..haha.  We can't keep up with him!

  • He is pretty much constantly jibber jabbering.  Sometimes it's like he's having a full conversation with us :)
  • He continues to love a good play date.
On this morning, Aiden thought Jackson was so funny throwing the balloons around :)  Many of you already saw this on Facebook.

  • And lastly, Trent wants me to add that Aiden is the best 12-month-old there ever was!!
A few final pictures.

Just look at that bed head!


Aiden loves his alphabet magnets from his birthday.


Aiden loves Ritz crackers and on this morning he only wanted Ritz for breakfast.  I had to get this shot with his stack of Ritz standing on the dishwasher..haha.  And he's in his Christmas jammies (thanks to Amanda!).


Our Christmas tree is looking pretty sad b/c Aiden keeps pulling all of the ornaments off.  He can reach ones I never thought he'd be able to and has already broken one, so I've had to move them up higher.


And I just realized that in like 3/4 of these pictures Aiden is in jammies.  I promise I get him dressed!  I guess I must think he's the cutest when he's in them :)

3 comments:

  1. Just read it all and I love seeing him grow in your posts. Bring on those long ones, it's like watching a preview of what's to come with Henry. And that stack of Ritz and the dishwasher is pretty hilarious. Oh, ya know, just discovering and nibbling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your photos show how busy Aiden is....always learning and trying new things. It is so fun to watch him grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a child who is never bored! It is so fun to see him think about things, figure it out, and act on what he has decided. Great pics. Thanks for doing this blog. It really is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)