Saturday, November 17, 2012

Aiden's 1st Birthday Party

Our sweet Aiden turned 1 today!!  He has brought us indescribable joy and such laughter.  It's been a great year and we love him so much!  He is the love of our lives :)

We had a little family party for Aiden this afternoon.  The theme was Colors, not to be confused with Rainbow - Trent was really against the whole rainbow idea..haha. 

My inspiration for the party was this toy:


In the last year this has consistently been Aiden's favorite toy. Anytime we stack the rings up, Aiden quickly comes over and unstacks them again..haha.  He especially loves the red ball on top.  Side note: We actually lost the original red ball in Virginia (it was really dumb of me to bring it), so I had to get a whole new toy.  Luckily it was just 8 bucks, but now we have two of these rainbow stackers and one is just missing the ball on top..ha.

I was very happy with how everything turned out!  I got my ideas for the yarn balloons, fruit kebabs, and rainbow, whoops!, colorful cupcakes from Pinterest (HERE).  

Thank you to my mom and sisters and friend Christie for helping with the balloons!  They turned out so great!


Aiden liked them too :)



I did a trial run with the cupcakes last week, but didn't care for the recipe listed, so we just used a white cake mix this time around.  I did use her frosting recipe though :)  Thanks to my mom for helping me make the cupcakes.  It would have taken me a while longer (it was tedious since you have to layer each color) b/c I'm such a perfectionist ;)


Tanis brought a yummy salad and my mom prepared chicken salad croissants.  It was all so tasty :)


Aiden had a fruit kebab :)



I love the little smirk on his face.


We finished up lunch and were on to the presents!  Aiden sure got spoiled, but does that surprise anyone?!  He's the only grandchild on both sides!




Aiden could honestly care less about opening his gifts..haha.








One of Aiden's gifts from us was this adorable bow tie that I got from a friend that makes them and just started selling them (check out her website HERE).  He also got 3 ties so he is all set to go in that department..haha.



We moved to the kitchen for singing and cupcakes.


Keeping Aiden from touching the flame ;)



Aiden was unsure about the cupcake.  Maybe all of the colors were throwing him.  Or maybe he didn't want to get messy..haha.



He kept grabbing a handful and trying to pass it off to all of us.  He was sharing :)


You could see the colors a lot better on the inside of the cupcakes!


Sharing a bite with Grandpa Knuckles :)


And checking on Grandma Knuckles.


Grandma Christensen cleaning up the birthday boy ;)


I just had to get this picture as I reminisced on how tiny Aiden was at this time last year..tear tear ;)


Winding down.


And we couldn't forget Aiden's card from his "favorite Aunty" ;)  We love Sista Christensen!


I'd say Aiden's birthday was a wild success!  We are so grateful for all of our family and their love for Aiden.  And Aiden wants to give them a big shout-out for all of his new gifts.  He's been playing with them since the par-tay :)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Aiden! I love the colors idea (I'm sure Ryan would agree with Trent. Boys...) and now I'm getting all antsy to prep Henry's party. And I can't believe I only have three months and he'll join the ranks of all the cool one year olds out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really a terrific celebration! One of his best gifts is having parents who adore him and really pay attention to all things Aiden. Happy Birthday Aidlen love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok.... you have to tell me how you did the yarn balloons bc i tried and failed miserably!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie, did you use cotton yarn?? Most yarn is acrylic, but for this project you have to use cotton. I think that's the key! Even with the cotton yarn I still had to have patience though..haha. For each balloon I used 30 strands of yarn, but I'd end up doing like 15 strands and then I'd let it dry and then finish putting on the rest and that helped.

      Delete
  4. I always love the photos. The one with you and Trent with Aiden and his cupcake is totally appropriate because his favorite toy is right behind him and it looks like his red ball is balancing on his head! Fun party and great decorations thanks to your hard work.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)