Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reunited!

Well it's been a week, but I can't not post about it!

Sister Christensen returned home from her mission last Wednesday around 2:30 in the afternoon.  She served 18 months in the Carlsbad, California mission (learn more about missionary work HERE).  Having 5 daughters, my parents didn't know if they'd have any missionaries, so it was really fun for all of us to experience welcoming home a missionary (Amber could still serve, but as of right now, I don't think she wants to)!

Waiting outside Amy's terminal!


Our signs.  The first one includes Amy's catch phrases throughout her mission :)


It seemed like we all of a sudden saw Amy walking towards us and it was a huge rush to get our cameras ready and what not.  This is the best picture I got of my mom and Amy hugging..haha.  I was way too zoomed in and my camera is having shutter speed issues.  I think it's time for a new camera ;)


Again, completely missed them hugging b/c my camera is so dang slow :/


Aiden got to officially meet Aunt Amy!


He wasn't sure what all the commotion was about :)






My mom told me to hold our sign above my head? haha


We really wish Jill could have been there.  The life of a Utah teacher.


On the ride home and throughout the rest of the day Amy would just randomly keep tearing up.  It was very sweet.  She couldn't talk about her mission without crying.  She was really missing her "family" in California.  We all noticed a strong spirit about her and she just seemed so peaceful.  Very cool.  We are all so proud of her.  I know I would have never been brave enough to serve a mission.  

That night she was released as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and had to hand over her name tag.  That was hard for her and she definitely misses wearing it.

She gave her homecoming talk on Sunday and talked about being a true disciple of Christ and gave 3 examples of people from her mission.

In the last week Amy has taken Aiden off on many different outings :) She's making up for lost time ;) We are so happy to have her home! Jill gets home tomorrow night and we are looking forward to a few weeks together as a family before Amy heads back to BYU!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for Sister Christensen!! Home at last. I know all of you missed her terribly but were so incredibly proud of her for her service to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)