Monday, August 26, 2013

Cloudy on the Lake

Monday (July 22nd) was a cloudy and chilly day, but that didn't stop us from spending the whole day out in the water.

Kids playing on the inner tube and Aiden in the kayak with Aunt Amy.




Some neighbors down the way have a water trampoline, so some of the daredevils in the family swam to it and jumped on and off of it a few times.



Headed back.


Tabitha's in the kayak and Aiden's on the inner tube with Amy..ha.


Other side of the lake.


Jennifer and Jill kayaked over to the island.


You can see the island to the very right of this picture.


I went out on the boat with a group in the afternoon (we all take turns throughout the day).  I got this pic of the lake house (left) and our neighbors as we were pulling away.


Ian wake surfing.


Meg.


Amber.



Later the sheriff showed up at our dock.  Happens every year..haha. This time it was because Greyson was kayaking without a life jacket (he's only like 10) and because our registration number on the jet ski (Ian was was on it out by Greyson) was rubbing off.  They let us off with a warning ;)


Sheriff heading out.


Aiden went on a ride on the jet ski for the first time with Aunt Amy.


Waving to me :)


They followed the boat out to watch for a little bit.


Waving to Kyle.


I got these next ones from the dock.  I like that you can see the jet ski out there and Kyle wake surfing behind the boat.




Back from their little adventure.  Nothing phased Aiden during this trip.  He's a little daredevil ;)



So many kids by the trampoline!  Aiden's underneath - he loved peeking up at the kids looking through from the top. Don't worry, no one was jumping.


That evening we had a little talent show/FHE.  When we were younger we'd all do a little song and/or dance number, but as we've gotten older we've all become more spectators.  Sawyer, the second youngest grandchild, was the only one that performed.  She is such a little spitfire and kept us all laughing all week!   She danced for us and had 3 outfit changes!


Aiden sitting with Bryn.


Bryn caught me..haha.


I totally missed Sawyer's second number and only got the bow at the end - whoops!



Then Sawyer got a break and Amy was asked to talk about her mission a little bit.  This was the first reunion since she's been home. It's always fun to hear more about her time in the field.


And we finished off our FHE with a final number by Sawyer in her most sparkly outfit :)


This is my favorite room in the house because of the huge bay window overlooking the lake :)


Glad I got a picture where you can actually see Sawyer's face ;)


To top off the evening I got to watch "The Bachelorette" with all of the girlies.  It was "The Men Tell All" so not an ideal show, but it was still so fun.  I wish I could always watch it with them!  And things looked like they were getting tense for Desiree.  I know it's silly, but I LOVE that show!

1 comment:

  1. Please send me back to the lake!! Great post! Where did summer go?!-Jill

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)